Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    E30 M3

Default Making a responsible choice. Bye Bye BMW..

I want to free up some money and make my month to month dealings a little more comfortable, so I'm selling my BMW and have bought another car:

It's a 1973 VW Type 3 Squareback. It's got 84k on the chassis (who knows if it's accurate) no back seat, cow hide lining the cargo area, no carpet, and a musk that only a redneck meth-headed racist biggot could leave behind (the previous owner).
    I'm going to be sad, but I'm hoping this move is going to help me as much as I think it will. If it works out even half as good as it does on paper I'll be a lot more comfortable financially.

Did I forget to mention that it's my 328i that's going to be for sale, not my M3? Did I also forget to mention that this move is going to get my S14 in a machine shop for step one of my long awaited rebuild? Did I also forget to mention that I am looney and want my M3 on the road so badly that I'm willing to drive a rusty beat up 35 year old Volkswagen with no radio or air conditioning day in and day out to help get it together quicker? In all seriousness I am beside myself with excitement to see my block and head all cleaned up and ready for business. So excited in fact I've let out a couple strange (scary?) sounding yelps of joy in anticipation. So what do you guys think?

Car
    My 2 feet

What are you gonna drive in the winter?

Car
    E30 M3

something else. depends how things go. Defintely not driving the square. It will most likely be sold in the fall.

Car
    station wagon from space

hahahahahaha, kris and someone else test drove that car. I remember it was on CL FOREVER. Good luck, I *love* squarebacks. I wish I would've bought one when I had the opportunity. It'll look so much nicer with the purple window tint gone, IMO.

Didn't the PO live in a church?

I might be down for buying it, come fall. I really want an aircooled.

Congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by Driv3r View Post
    Look man don't start talking shit!

Car
    S55, 330i, R53, JKU

I love squarebacks.

Nice score.

Also, DD'ing old grumpy cars is fun.

It makes you appreciate the "good" ones that you can't fix without a computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    listen to you old hags fussing over burrito prices. why don't you swing your purses at each other.

Car
    E30 M3

haha, yep! It was Kris and Pete A. Pete was telling me they got some pictures of some of his "artwork"....... lol.

I'm not plannin on putting a ton of money into it, just wheels/tires, new carpet and eityher buying a used back seat, or mocking a cover with carpet. I'm bugging a friend of mine with tools and a clean garage to try and lower at least the fronts before the show.

Car
    '07 VW Touareg

holy shit... you scared me for a second, Aaron.

I really thought you sold your M3 to pick up this squareback. Good to hear that its going to really help the progress of your M3! Looking forward to seeing it on the road soon .

Car
    2007 328xi, 2001 Boxster

Nice find but you startled me when you didn't specify if it was the 328 or M3. Glad to hear it's "just" the 328...

Car
    2002 1500HD sierra

...there may have been some changes since last fall.

(click on it, it's huge)

i'm glad that car is in safe, non-drinking-before-work hands. and i'd love to drive it again if at all possible aaron. and definately takes some rolling shots if it gets low this summer.

-Pete flickr

Car
    E30 M3

Quote Originally Posted by palmer View Post
    I love squarebacks.

Nice score.

Also, DD'ing old grumpy cars is fun.

It makes you appreciate the "good" ones that you can't fix without a computer.
    we always seem to post at the same time so i missed yours, haha. Yeah I'm having a lot of fun toolin around in it. I'll miss music, power windows, a/c and power by the end of the summer I'm sure but this will be good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by John2.0T View Post
    holy shit... you scared me for a second, Aaron.

I really thought you sold your M3 to pick up this squareback. Good to hear that its going to really help the progress of your M3! Looking forward to seeing it on the road soon .
    Thanks dude! Naw I'm not plannin on ever selling my M3. It's just about the most basketcase'd one out there, but it's mine and I love it

And Pete, haha nice. looks exactly the same to me. the sticker on the fridge is what caught my eye first of all, "I (skull and crossbones) Gay Rights". I know I wouldn't want to host it, but did you guys get a picture of the klansmen mural on the other wall? I got REALLY nervous when my girl pointed it out to me.

You're welcome to drive it whenever I've already ordered a whole new carpet set, and new front turn signal lens. I'm going to try and mock up some rear shelf thing to cover up the battery tray etc before saturday but who knows if I'll get to it. The car will definitely get low asap. Rolling shots would be dope!

Car
    stuff

Love squarebacks! Awesome car!

Car

i am super jealous. i would love to get a square back. I would take that over my E30 any day

Car
    E30 M3

I already don't want to sell it in the fall. Maybe I'll store it somewhere.

Car
    S55, 330i, R53, JKU

Yeah, I would hold on to that. Squareback=in my "top 10" cars.

I'm still pissed at my parents for not letting me get a 72 SB back in the day that my friends older brother was selling.

Same color and everything. It had the alloy wheels though, and they were painted to match. Dual carbs, big bore engine, all that crap.

Argh.

I'll have to see this sometime.
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    listen to you old hags fussing over burrito prices. why don't you swing your purses at each other.

Car
    E30 M3

found the thread from when pete and kris went to check it out

http://www.eurowerks.org/showthread....ght=squareback