Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plans for 2018

Car
    72 911T, '12 Jetta, Tahoe

Default Plans for 2018

I know everyone knows by now that there is no SHOW next year, but I do want to let everyone know that we still do plan on doing some gtg's during the week, and maybe even bring back campwerks in a more...temperate setting. I'd like to couple it with the fall rally. It'll be nice to slow things down and go back to our roots. As cool as the show was, I miss the old days where things were simpler, and this place was home.... Hell, where else do I have my own emoticon....?

-

Car
    hood scoop

Did facebook kill the show, too?
    Quote Originally Posted by palmer View Post
    bitch, you trippin'

Car

No, I did.

Car
    BMW X1

I think we need to bring back something friday/sat nights for the kids.
    The younger crowd have been ostracized from the root of the club, while us old dogs really lack the time. They are the heart of the scene weather we like the new trends or not.
    Cars that we bought new, are becoming many younger adults first cars. The wealth of knowledge as a club I feel is a very untapped local resource.
    “We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” Charles Kingsley

Car
    '13 VW CC / MK4 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by MisdemeanorMatt View Post
    Cars that we bought new, are becoming many younger adults first cars. The wealth of knowledge as a club I feel is a very untapped local resource.
    I thought about this the other day.... My first car was an 84 Plymouth Horizon, and if my son get s car that is the same age as mine when I got it, his first car will be a 2017...... Man that makes a guy feel old lol.

Car

I did do some wednesday night GTG's this summer. Will continue. I encourage you all to show up.

Car
    '88 GTI, '12 Silverado

I would do a GTG that's only promoted on the forum... Keep word off of the Facebook account...
    I went to a couple this year, about and hour into both, huge crowds of stanced Subarus and other ruined Japanese imports showed up with their massive vape pen rigs and dumpy "if it's not slammed, cambered, and on wheels worth 3 times what the car is worth, IT AINT SHIT" attitudes. That crap drives me nuts.

Car
    71 Fastback

The meets from last year were fun. We didn't have any stancetards ruin any of the gtgs i went to.

Car
    hood scoop

It's an unfortunate trend seeing the Facebook kiddies shit on everything. Though it is interesting to see the similarities between the euro and Subaru crowds. There a core group of older members who either drive something else these days or have a nice project car, and the... Others. For Eurowerks it was TC Euros and for MnSubaru it's mnsubiez. Both Facebook clubs, same type of behavior, same type of attitudes and "build" styles (ie wrecked). I'm sure I drove older folks nuts when I started modding too but I'm sure it all comes full circle. These days I just don't have much time for a meet like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmer View Post
    bitch, you trippin'

Car
    '88 GTI, '12 Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by euro View Post
    The meets from last year were fun. We didn't have any stancetards ruin any of the gtgs i went to.
    They didn't come in and ruin anything for anyone, that's not what I meant sorry. Just not my scene of people, let alone cars. Maybe it was the first one, but I remember a few people from other Facebook groups coming and inviting others of certain scenes and that's where I felt it wasn't a EW gtg anymore lol

Car
    '88 GTI, '12 Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by derp View Post
    It's an unfortunate trend seeing the Facebook kiddies shit on everything. Though it is interesting to see the similarities between the euro and Subaru crowds. There a core group of older members who either drive something else these days or have a nice project car, and the... Others. For Eurowerks it was TC Euros and for MnSubaru it's mnsubiez. Both Facebook clubs, same type of behavior, same type of attitudes and "build" styles (ie wrecked). I'm sure I drove older folks nuts when I started modding too but I'm sure it all comes full circle. These days I just don't have much time for a meet like that.

Shit I read this after my reply, but this is how I feel hahaha. ^^^

Car
    B8 S4

I like this. Some weekend stuff would be awesome for people not in the metro. I’ll bring my stancetard and vape pen rig.

Car
    '88 GTI, '12 Silverado

I wasn't trying to start a fight or have people snap off...
    You guys have been stancing your stuff since I joined in 2009.
    All I was getting at, is that it would be nice to be "facebook" kid free, and if we could talk about something other than wheels and camber. That's all.

Car
    71 Fastback

Question for you Kris, Katie and I are planning on going to proving grounds this year anyways. I know some other Eurowerks members also go every year. Any chance of an official drive up there? we'd be camping all weekend as well.

Car
    B8 S4

Quote Originally Posted by sillywabbit View Post
    I wasn't trying to start a fight or have people snap off...
    You guys have been stancing your stuff since I joined in 2009.
    All I was getting at, is that it would be nice to be "facebook" kid free, and if we could talk about something other than wheels and camber. That's all.
    I know you weren’t. And that’s not how I was trying to come off like it upset me. Just starting the facts, I drive a stancey car and smoke an ecig so...Lol