Car
    '01 Allroad 6MT

Default Bailing on a project, Pearl White 2000 Audi A6 Avant w/ 3rd Row fixings $500

Was planning to clean it up and manual swap it but I have too many other projects, too little time, and this was competing with my Allroad for usefulness anyway, so what's the point! lol

I love pearl white with tan interiors, plus third row fixings (no actual seat), it made sense at the time

The car has 120,000 miles, a salvage title, (which I'm guessing came from water damage), no reverse gear, and was previously very wet. The original owner never figured out the clogged rain tray drains, but unfortunately the damage was done. This car has mold and the Transmission Control Module had fried. I bought it knowing the TCM module was bad and that reverse wasn't working (assumed it was the TCM!), swapped in a TCM and the transmission light went off, but no reverse. I could tell the TCM harness still needed to be replaced so I did that, but unfortunately this STILL didn't fix reverse. My best guess is the previous owner kept driving the car in transmission limp mode which from what I've read can damage the transmission. Long story short, it goes forward in all gears flawlessly but reverse barely works.

Other obvious observations, it has a failing CV upfront, needs struts and has a massive sag in the drivers rear.

As for the mold, I have a whole new carpet and set of seats although I'm sure these are salvageable. My intent was to pull the carpet, bleach the floor, and throw an ozone machine in for a few days to kill anything hiding. Then put in new carpet and clean the seats.

The engine needs a timing belt and oil change but does run very well. I drove the car home from Minneapolis with no issues. Aside from the mold and Transmission, everything else works great and looks and feels like it has 120k on it.

The exhaust has 2 new aftermarket catalytic converters installed as someone had cut the old ones out for scrap. Those installed cost me more than I'm asking for the car. I replaced some other random stuff too, mainly the cabin air filter and new hood and hatch struts. Also a new (used) hood latch too as the old one was seized

The whole reason I took on this project was the awesome combination of an almost completely loaded Pearl White A6 Avant with tan interior and the third row option and a 2.8. The third row seat itself did not come with the car but the parts to retrofit the seatbelt and bracket are what's impossible to find, this has all of that for a tan interior car. If it sits here for much longer I might steal it for my Allroad... Too bad it's the wrong color :/

This car has the factory in cluster GPS, variable assist steering, reverse parking sensor, and all seats are heated. The steering wheel is the 4 spoke multifunction but does not seem to be heated (or is no longer working).

I'll be keeping the battery but if you can bring a battery, you can drive it home.

I know this takes the right kind of buyer and I wish I could keep it, but I have way too many projects.

Pictures were from before I bought it, it's cleaned up on the outside and the interior is stuffed with a second interior. Feel free to call me or text, 218-341-4250. If anyone is interested I can likely tow it to the TC for $100. I work down there every week and just need to plan to take our SUV.

Car
    Bus, Bike & mk3

We have such great taste.
    Listen twice as much as you talk.

Car
    '01 Allroad 6MT

So true, so true.