Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Car
    06 A3

Default What are you working on?

thread about the above. What are you working on?

Seems as though the participants have dwindled on the forum but some of us are still around. just starting a spot for general banter or random update on random project x.

so my audi a3 really isn't a "project" but it has been a fun car for me to work on and modify over the almost 5 year i have had it.
    working on replacing the oil cooler as one of the t clamps on the throttle body tube rubbed against it and made a tiny hole. upon replacing this i cleaned the intake valves and to ease access to the oil cooler. also will be upgrading the fuel pressure relief valve to a rs4 unit for a higher crack pressure.

otherwise getting my snowmobile ready for the season.

Car
    BMW X1

I'm deep into house stuff so the car is getting neglected.

Built another work bench for the garage:

Built a barrel table for the basement and refurbishing a fooseball table:

Have to replace a wheel bearing on the X1 soon but it's not a super pressing issue yet...
    “We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” Charles Kingsley

Car
    1971 Volks Wagon minivan

Quote Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
    thread about the above. What are you working on?

Seems as though the participants have dwindled on the forum but some of us are still around.
    I think most users have switched to the facebook group, which sucks for project documentation and searchability.

Since the garage is too cold these days, I'm working on adding a studio apartment/bathroom/kitchenette in the basement of my duplex.

Car-wise, I'm rehabbing the Blaupunkt Emden AM/FM radio and 8-track tape deck from my 68 Squareback.

Car
    '13 VW CC / MK4 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by MisdemeanorMatt View Post
    I'm deep into house stuff so the car is getting neglected.

Built a barrel table for the basement and refurbishing a fooseball table:

Have to replace a wheel bearing on the X1 soon but it's not a super pressing issue yet...
    Awesome table Matt!

Car
    '13 VW CC / MK4 GTi

My wife and I have been working pretty non-stop on remodeling our new house. Its got some land, and a shop, and its coming along nicely.

If anyone is REALLY bored, heres the link to the forum I put the progress on.

http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php...-House-Project

Car
    '03 S10 ZR2,'14 Jetta 5M

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkyman26 View Post
    My wife and I have been working pretty non-stop on remodeling our new house. Its got some land, and a shop, and its coming along nicely.

If anyone is REALLY bored, heres the link to the forum I put the progress on.

http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php...-House-Project
    Awesome thread. That remodel looks really good

Car
    2006 VW Jetta TDi

Over the summer I was working pretty heavily on the cummins XJ. Generally finished it up, ran into some issues, but decided I needed to move onto the next project before winter: Duramax Suburban. Finished that up and have a few thousand miles on the swap. The last two months I've been remodeling my mother-in-laws house

XJ:
    Untitled by Jacob Kriesel, on Flickr

Duramax Suburban (build thread):

House remodel:

Car
    '88 GTI, '12 Silverado

I can dig it.
    My shop is a pit right now. Two engine tear downs, a PL 16v and that LM7 LS I picked up. Hope to have them both rebuilt by spring...
    Also plan to box the rear beam on the MK2 and fiddle with the suspension geometry a little more.

Been spending some time at a buddys place helping him finish up a ice house he built on an old utility trailer. That's been fun.
    Also should be starting on some work on my teammates drift car soon. Weld the diff, hydro e-brake setup, stiffen up the coils, etc.

Car
    82 Cabriolet, 71 Fastback

Working on testing the wiring harness post fire do-over on the 82 cabriolet before wrapping things up again. I'm also referbing my type 3 gauges for my new streetrod project. Home projects are on hold until the savings recovers from student loans

Car
    06 A3

Argh to photobucket.
    Now I need to start a different photo hosting account so I can post pics again.

Car
    337, Scirocco, GT, Ranger

Argh to photobucket.
    Now I need to start a different photo hosting account so I can post pics again.
    Imgur has been great the last 6 years I've used it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Topher View Post
    Now is where I politely tell you to go fuck yourself.

Car
    06 A3

Would be cool if we could upload directly to the post somehow.
    Looks like I can use my yahoo account with the flikr one so I will have to start uploading again.

Well anyway way last night got in the zone in the garage with the heat goin.

Sled: ‘15 Polaris switchback pro x
    removed the secondary clutch on the sled to gain access to the jack shaft and driveshaft bearings. From the factory there is no grease zerks anywhere on the sled. So the grease within the bearing the the manufacturer is what u get. The driveshaft bearing is held to the chassis with a two piece flange which also covers the seal of the bearing on the belly pan side of the sled. I removed this flange to gain access to the seal. I then carefully picked out the bearing seals with a 90 degree pick from the out side edge of the seals. I then injected grease with a needle grease tip on the grease gun. Rotated the around and then reinstalled the seals, mounting flange, and second clutch and belt.
    Shouod be ready to go riding in the U.P. on Tuesday.

Car: 2006 A3 k04
    Recieved the gaskets for the oil filter housing and the oil cooler and also the rs4 fuel pressure relief valve. First thing I did was fit the rs4 valve cause it was easy and clean. Went in easy. 14mm and 17mm for the fittings on fuel lines and one torch for a mount holding the lines. Simple.
    On to the oil filter housing gasket ofh was still mounted to the block. Un bolted it and used a pick to remove the old hard gasket from the recess of the ofh. A quick wipe of the block and ofh little oil on the new gasket bolt the housing back on. Relatively simple besides the limited room between rad and ofh.
    Oil cooler. Removed oil cooler gasket lines new one put in ofh. Installing the cooler was simpl as well.
    Intake manifold. Injectors in manifold when installing is like the only logical way to install. Took a bit of fanagling and a couple tries to get the injector tips into their bores. Anyway it ended up just popping in there. Tightened it down and started installing and connecting lines and connectors.

Then I was done for the night.

Haven’t got in the zone working on shit for a month or so now. Had a good time. Some furious to top it off.

Quite the rant rant but hey

Car
    06 A3

Quote Originally Posted by euro View Post
    Working on testing the wiring harness post fire do-over on the 82 cabriolet before wrapping things up again. I'm also referbing my type 3 gauges for my new streetrod project. Home projects are on hold until the savings recovers from student loans
    I could probably google it but that would defeat us using this forum. Lol.
    What are type 3 gauges?

Car
    82 Cabriolet, 71 Fastback

I could probably google it but that would defeat us using this forum. Lol.
    What are type 3 gauges?
    VW Type 3 OEM gauges

Car
    MK4

Not much going on with the house, just have to design up a shoe rack for the downstairs closet and get the materials ready for that.

I have all the insulation I need for the garage walls, just need to run wiring and electrical boxes and I can throw it up. After that I'd look into the subpanel for the garage.

Yukon: Replaced the washer fluid reservoir and washer pumps last weekend. Took longer than I care to admit to do that. It all works now but the rear wiper isn't spraying out the nozzle so I either have a leak somewhere internally or a clog/bend in the tubing somewhere. This weekend I'll change the oil and look at the upper control arm since I am getting bad wear on the outside of the drivers front tire.

Jetta: Got a list of things going for this. Currently driving it daily so I won't necessarily work on it yet.
    - New motor mounts ordered
    - Order new, stiffer dogbone mounts
    - Replace transmission fluid
    - Work on the retrofit headlights
    - Wash car & detail interior