Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Car
    06 A3

Got the A3 all back together today. For some reason it didn’t want to start. Tried like four times after initially letting the fuel pump prime and thinking the car was ready. But after about giving up I tried again and brum it fires right up. No leaks and running good.

Car
    06 A3

Did they ever produce a suburban with Duramax? I saw one in Minnetonka a couple months ago and I stared that thing down cause I couldn’t believe it. The one I saw was the newer 07+ body style.

Quote Originally Posted by Kriesel View Post
    Over the summer I was working pretty heavily on the cummins XJ. Generally finished it up, ran into some issues, but decided I needed to move onto the next project before winter: Duramax Suburban. Finished that up and have a few thousand miles on the swap. The last two months I've been remodeling my mother-in-laws house

XJ:
    Untitled by Jacob Kriesel, on Flickr

Duramax Suburban (build thread):

House remodel:

Car
    mk4 TDI, TDI Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
    Did they ever produce a suburban with Duramax? I saw one in Minnetonka a couple months ago and I stared that thing down cause I couldn’t believe it. The one I saw was the newer 07+ body style.
    No, they didn't.

My list of projects either in planning phases or execution phase:
    1) TDI swap into mk4 Jetta wagon
    2) TDI swap into Eurovan. Trans parts now on their way from EU.
    3) Install built short block into TDI Ranger. Install gtb2056. Decimate rear tires.
    4) vr swap mk1 rabbit.

Too many customer cars to make decent headway on the list this year.

Car
    06 A3

I wish I could have more of a project but it seems having to many toys I have to just maintain them and slowly modify. Although the A3 got the k04 and supporting mods a couple years ago now but I actually was trying to trade sell my car for something different with more potential. Not ready to commit to another loan.

But next I will be looking into c63, 240sx, mk4 Supra, new cts-v is sick, Chevy ss. Or some sort or rwd turbo sc car with big power potential. Gotta be able to beat my brother in law and father in law.
    Father in law has a 2009 challenger srt8 orange with carbon stripes. His mods are large cam, larger throttle body, long tube headers, tune. Forgot how much hp but my A3 can just barely pull ahead of it.
    Bro in law for the last year and a half has been building a 69 nova pro street car. He has done all the work himself the back half, the tubbing, the firewall shaving, the rack and pinion fitment. Has 14” wide rear tires. Will be a bbc with 75-100 shot. Our friend fab’d the headers and the roll cage. Another friend of ours cut out the motor plates for engine mounting. Now it has been wrapped with a blue vinyl. Looking pretty good, he put it aside for the winter as he was getting burnt out on it. But he will be racing it next season I would think.

Car
    855T

I will sum up the last year or so of projects, hope they are a little interesting to you. Though they are all non car related.
    The only car project I have going at the moment is the Fun Hog build, it has it's own thread.

I am fortunate enough to (fingers crossed) be inheriting some property in Wisconsin on a lake. So the focus the last year and a half has been on finishing up our remodel of the current house as well as getting the property in WI ready to be built on.

The current house got some landscaping
    From this
    IMG_20170623_055540 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

To this
    2017-12-31_03-36-20 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

And some tile work
    2017-12-28_08-37-12 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

As well as a ten thousand outlets and switched changed and a few thousand gallons of paint. Ect Ect Ect

Then at the "new" place I started widening the existing driveway
    IMG_20170615_203211 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

IMG_20170623_195227 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

IMG_20170615_203136 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

IMG_20170702_184821 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

IMG_20170702_184759 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

That stump has now been ground out and a few loads of gravel dumped over everything

And we need to re route the current driveway around where the new house will beIMG_20170703_171528 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

The big hunks of concrete were from a old farm house we had raised on the property. They are filling in a low area where the driveway will eventually run.

Moving more fill for the new driveway
    IMG_20170723_101732 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

And under that old farm house was a pile of boulders so I spread those around the existing cabin

2017-12-31_03-36-50 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

2017-12-31_03-37-07 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

No pics of the final result I guess.
    Last edited by boardrider247; 12-31-2017 at 05:57 PM.
    Some day I'm going to build an airplane/Then I'm going to die in a plane crash
    The motorcycle is a work of art, a testament to the corner gods, and as with all religious endevours, requires a bit of ceremony and respect.

Car
    855T

Of course we need to clear a spot for the new house to sit

2017-12-31_04-39-55 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

2017-12-31_04-39-22 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

IMG_20170624_160710 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

IMG_20170624_160551 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

IMG_20170624_160601 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

IMG_20170624_115239 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

IMG_20171022_161706 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr
    The motorcycle is a work of art, a testament to the corner gods, and as with all religious endevours, requires a bit of ceremony and respect.

Car
    855T

Because remodeling one house and prepping to build another wasn't enough work we bought this and proceeded to entirely gut itIMG_20170409_141429 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

The plan being we will sell our current house in the spring. Live in the airstream for the summer while building the new house.

So yeah. No time for any fun car projects. I'm hoping by the end of 2018 the madness is over

Car
    BMW X1

Those are some good logs!
    “We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” Charles Kingsley

Car
    06 A3

Quote Originally Posted by boardrider247 View Post
    Because remodeling one house and prepping to build another wasn't enough work we bought this and proceeded to entirely gut itIMG_20170409_141429 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

The plan being we will sell our current house in the spring. Live in the airstream for the summer while building the new house.

So yeah. No time for any fun car projects. I'm hoping by the end of 2018 the madness is over
    looks awesome. I should really have bought land instead of toys. Lol

Car
    855T

Quote Originally Posted by MisdemeanorMatt View Post
    Those are some good logs!
    Even better my dad found someone to mill them for 10c a board foot!

Car
    Wood Motorboat |'15 Tahoe

LOVE that Airstream! I am thinking we may pick one up in the next couple years...

Car
    337, Scirocco, GT, Ranger

My uncle had the oak trees cleared for his house cut and trimmed the house with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Topher View Post
    Now is where I politely tell you to go fuck yourself.

Car
    '03 S10 ZR2,'14 Jetta 5M

Quote Originally Posted by boardrider247 View Post

Looks awesome. If you want to document your remodel of this I would follow along. Air streams are pretty cool and there are a lot of people renovating them right now. I looked at one this fall but passed on it because it was smaller than I wanted and it had a questionable frame.

Car
    855T

Quote Originally Posted by isonic View Post
    Looks awesome. If you want to document your remodel of this I would follow along.
    I have been photographing every step along the way with the intent to put together a build thread someday. If I start a thread it will be here. There are airstream specific forums but from what I have read there I don't care for the crowd......

Car
    06 A3

this weekend I:
    -friday: night went to dinner at Birch's on The Lake in Long Lake for dinner with my wife. was pretty good. i had the larger prime rib special.
    -sat: changed the oil in my truck and greased the front end.
    -removed the battery from dirt bike. forgot the brand of battery but man is the thing small and super light weight. figured i wouldnt be using it much this winter and the garage does get cold so figured i would store the lithium battery in the basement. i think i might buy a charger for it as well since i dont have a lithium charger. anyone know much about charging the lightweight lithium batteries?
    -went to snowcross with my dad at Canterbury with vip tickets from father in law.
    -sun: hung out at home and went outside a few times with the fam to enjoy the "warm" weather.
    also had a couple friends over for dinner last night. wife and i made pulled beef tacos. delicious.