Car
    07' VW Passat Variant

Default 2001 Mercedes-Benz E320 Wagon 4Matic - $1500

****SOLD*****

Just bought a newer VW wagon so it is time to sell my Mercedes. It has 262,772 miles on it, and that will likely increase as I still drive it at this time. I've owned it for 2 1/2 years and bought it from a family friend who owned it for 5-6 years. It was originally a CA car and spend about 110k miles of its life there. While that spared it from rust for a time, the party is over and it is visually starting in many places. It runs and drives very well, with minimal rattles and groans. As you can imagine though, time has taken it's toll on the old girl.

So lets get started; it uses oil. Depends on your commute, when I just drive it to work and back (15 mins) it uses very little and I rarely have to refill. If I drive it only on longer trips, then it uses much more. I've found it very inconsistent but I wouldn't be surprised by dumping a quart or two over 3-5k miles. The rust; while there are no holes, there are several places where the paint has bubbled and I wouldn't expect it to improve. The passenger seat moves forward and backwards only, I've checked all the motors and they work, so it is likely a problem with the little circuit board controller (switch seems to be good as well). Needs a front left strut at a minimum and would benefit from both (again, drives fine, but I also know that it is broken). I also have had a lot of trouble with the passenger rear brake light, maybe it needs a new socket but it is one of those frustrating problems that I haven't fixed (half the time it works, half the time it doesn't). CD player supposedly has a Johnny Cash CD stuck in it, but it won't play or eject. It does have an Aux in and that's all I use anyway. Only the small side of rear seats will fold down. I've replaced the latch on the other side once and it didn't last (I find it very poorly designed) and it's something I couldn't bring myself to fix again without being upset about it.

Now some nice things. New Michelin Premier AS tires, installed this summer (less than 5k miles). All new brakes in late 2014 or early 2015 (Ate disks with Pagid pads). New serpentine belt (Continental) and idler (though I think it could use a bearings in the alternator, there is a little whine). This summer I changed the transmission oil and filter and flushed out the old fluid (replaced with Fuchs Titan 4134 ATF). This car has never left me stranded, and just keeps going. When I bought it late in 2014 I also replaced the spark plugs and valve cover gaskets.

For what it is worth I'm a mechanical engineer by trade, and this car has gotten the things I believed it needed when it needed them. With that said, it was also kind of a "beater" for me. It probably didn't get washed as much as it should have been during my ownership. It did however, get oil changes every 5k (I used Mobil 1 full synthetic) and I do love the thing for the service it has provided for the cost.

Pictures are from last Fall. Our street is being redone and the dust and mud have made it difficult to prepare it for photos. Let me know if there are questions. Call or Text: 612-306-8628
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LakeEffect; 10-05-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Car
    07' VW Passat Variant

****SOLD*****

Here are some updated photos I took today. I purposely did not clean the engine bay so there is no concern I'm trying to hide any leaks. Link to craigslist below. I have rust close ups if anyone would like to see them just let me know.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/d...318193845.html
    Last edited by LakeEffect; 10-05-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Car
    07' VW Passat Variant

Default ***sold***

Thanks for looking!