Default Truck bed cover?

Those who got truck, which kind of bed cover you recommend? Been looking at available tonneau covers and can't decide which is a good one that lasts and keep the water out especially on heavy rain. Wifey likes the retractable one. Any comment if those works for years? TIA

Car
    337, Scirocco, GT, Ranger

A roll up one came on the Ranger I just bought. The Velcro on the rails and on the cover is shot. It's at least 10-15 years old though. I'll probably get a new one of the same style eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Topher View Post
    Now is where I politely tell you to go fuck yourself.

Car
    Wood Motorboat |'15 Tahoe

I have an Access Tonneau on my Silverado. I like it quite a bit, and I think it looks pretty sharp.

There are 4 lightweight metal bars that support the cover when deployed, and roll up with the cover as you stow it. The tension can be adjusted - It fits well and does not flap or wave on the highway. It is easy to roll up when needed. There are clips to hold it in place when rolled up, and Velcro to hold it down when closed. You need to open the gate to open the cover, so if you have a lock, it is relatively secure.

http://www.accesscover.com/?_ga=1.17...979.1488812013

Car
    BMW X1

Just FYI, if it's raining and your driving, things will get wet in the back of your truck.
    Any truck made in the last decade is pretty much swiss cheese and a topper or cover pretty much creates a vacuum to suck in water from any little hole.

I also second the Access cover, most Radco places will have them in stock.
    I might also suggest the Lorado model (Access) the side bars are lower and the Velcro holds a little better.
    “We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” Charles Kingsley

Car
    '12 Tiguan, '30 Chevy

^^^ What Matt said about water getting sucked in.

If you really want to keep the water out, get a nice thick spray on bedliner installed, then get the above recommended cover. There may still be a way for water to get in here and there, but the bedliner will greatly reduce the problem.

Yeah been looking at Access with good reviews, glad its a reliable for you guys. Bedliner is on the way.

Car
    '03 S10 ZR2,'14 Jetta 5M

I have an access with a spray in bed liner. Works well, stays dry inside, is easy to use. I would recommend.

Car
    '88 GTI, '12 Silverado

No cover.

Car
    Audi 200 quattro Avant

I personally like the soft roll up covers. If need be you can still use the truck as a truck, where with the hard covers or caps you cant.

Car
    B5.5 Passat Wagon 1.8t

^^^ I second than. My roommate has a hard cover on his truck and it really limits what you can haul with it on.

Car
    337, Scirocco, GT, Ranger

I just checked and mine is an Access. Like everything else on the truck, it's probably original, though, lol.

I'll also agree with the others that hard covers can be a pain. My dad got a fiberglass cover for his RAM when he got it in '01. It looks great, but I've had to help him take it off dozens of times. It weighs at least 150 lbs so you need at least two people to take it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Topher View Post
    Now is where I politely tell you to go fuck yourself.