Car
    '12 Tiguan, '30 Chevy

Default Seeking Senior Design position.

I am starting to look for a Senior Designer position.

My main expertise is HVAC, Industrial Fans, and sheetmetal parts. I do know a thing or two about machining and geometric tolerance practices, though.

I am looking for a full time, first shift position. And this position needs to be in the west metro.

I have started the hunt online, but I wanted to start a thread in here to get some more feelers out there. If you know of anyone hiring, please let me know.

Thanks

Car
    '12 Tiguan, '30 Chevy

My job search has increase in urgency. I am still employed, but I need to make a change.

I am also considering Automotive Service Adviser positions. I did this while in college. I was good at it, so I figure I could get back into it with a relatively short learning curve.

I looked at the Luther, Morries, Motorwerks, and Walser, sites. They are all looking for Service Advisers, but a little nudge from the inside would help if any of you work at a dealership that is looking for an adviser.

I am willing to try other fields as well. I am unsure of what other fields would be a good fit though. I am good with customers. I am mechanically minded. My strength is mechanical design , of course.

Thanks in advance.

Car
    Porsche 914, Jeep XJ

I'll keep my eyes peeled around here, good luck!

Car
    '12 Tiguan, '30 Chevy

I came super close to doing used car sales at Westside. Sat down and interviewed with management, everything was going good. Then that evening after the interview my wife changed her mind and told me she wasn't cool with me working some evenings and most weekends.

Needless to say I had to turn down that job and look like an idiot doing it.

I am still on the hunt for a Mechanical Design position. West metro would be best.

There are contract opportunities out there, but I can't do it. As much as I hate my job, I am employed. A contract job would basically throw out my benefits and vacation time and give me a job that has an end point, meaning I will constantly be searching for the next contract, and not earning any vacation time.

Does anyone know of a good career counselor? Maybe I need to speak with someone like that.

Car
    91 2L 16v GTI, 13 Golf R

I work at Polaris and I guess we are hiring quite a few people these days. I work in Wyoming, but we have buildings in Plymouth and Medina too. They have a job search function built into their website and it is pretty up to date.
    It's got raisins in it, you like raisins.

Car
    '12 Tiguan, '30 Chevy

I have been keeping my eye on Polaris. It looks like all of their Engineering is done in Wyoming, MN if I am not mistaken.

I can't make that commute work. I live in North Minneapolis and have to drop off and pick up my daughter at school in Plymouth.

Car
    91 2L 16v GTI, 13 Golf R

That is true. Most of the engineering is in Wyoming.

However, I live in Columbia Heights and work in Wyoming, its 31 miles door to door and the drive takes 31 minutes. It's against traffic both ways. Not a stressful drive. It's the longest drive I've ever had to a job, but the least stressful. (My drive to Audi was 1/2 the distance but usually took the same to get there and longer to get home.)

Also, my parents live in the southwest corner of Plymouth (4 blocks from Wayzata Central Middle School) and it takes about 40-45 minutes to get to their house via 35W-10-610-169-694/494-CR-6. Sounds like a lot of roads, but the only slowdown is on the on-ramp to 10 from 35w because stupid Minnesotans don't know how to merge. Depending on where in Plymouth you're going, it may only be 30 minutes. Also, a lot of folks here work from home quite often. Everything is via laptop, so quite portable. If you see something PM me and I can get you a referral.

Quote Originally Posted by toasted View Post
    I have been keeping my eye on Polaris. It looks like all of their Engineering is done in Wyoming, MN if I am not mistaken.

I can't make that commute work. I live in North Minneapolis and have to drop off and pick up my daughter at school in Plymouth.
    It's got raisins in it, you like raisins.

Car
    '12 Tiguan, '30 Chevy

The length of the drive isn't a problem. It is the fact that day care is open for 10 hours. If I have to commute an hour each way I am fine, but if one little thing goes wrong I am late for work, or have to pay late fees because my daughter is at daycare passed closing time.

School and daycare are over by County Road 6 and 101.

I'll take a look though. The juice could be worth the squeeze.

Car
    Bus, Bike & c5

Listen twice as much as you talk.

Car
    '12 Tiguan, '30 Chevy

Nice. Thanks.