Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorsports Lab

Car
    BMW X1

Default Motorsports Lab

Anyone ever heard of motorsports lab? http://www.motorsportlab.com/

My gf got me this as a present and I'm not sure what to expect.
    “We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” Charles Kingsley

Car
    72 911T, '12 Jetta, Tahoe

cliffnotes?

Car
    Porsche 914, Jeep XJ

There was a guy that posted a video of his experience on the MNCNC FB page. 2-3 low speed autocross laps in a Ferrari, I don't think it got out of 2nd gear.

Not the same video, but you get the idea.

Last edited by OptimusGlen; 06-17-2015 at 12:24 PM.

Car
    Touareg. XC70. F430.

It looks like it's an expensive ass three lap autox in a ferrari or lambo.

cliffnotes finished.

Car
    BMW X1

Apparently I get to drive a lambo around at dctc. Couple laps i guess? I really have no idea, just have to show up on the 4th of july.
    “We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” Charles Kingsley

Car
    Touareg. XC70. F430.

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusGlen View Post
    There was a guy that posted a video of his experience on the MNCNC FB page. 2 low speed autocross laps in a Ferrari, I don't think it got out of 2nd gear.
    Probably not. As it's an autox and a f430 redlines at 75mph in second. It's rare to get out of second in any car at an autox.

Car
    Porsche 914, Jeep XJ

haha, yeah that's true.

Car
    2013 F-150 Platinum

I did it a couple of weeks ago in an F430 at the State Fair grounds. I got it as a gift as well. It was 3 laps around a small auto-X course, they have you do a 1-2 shift at the beginning and do the rest in 2nd gear. No, it isn't license to go and beat the hell out of a supercar, but it is a good time, and well worth the Groupon price (which is what I'm guessing she got). The "sherpa" that was riding with me didn't say anything other than "good line" when I let the car rotate a bit through a couple of the corners, so they let you have a bit of fun with it as long as you know what you're doing. Don't be scared off by the ridiculously intimidating contract that they have you fill out, and I wouldn't recommend purchasing any of their "Insurance add-ons". I did my laps in the rain, and there was no issue.

Car
    BMW X1

Yeah it was groupon, good to know. Just didn't know how it all went down. Thanks

Car
    My Saab

Read the negative reviews.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...s.html#REVIEWS

Their contract is downright scary to read. I think their cancellation and rescheduling policies should note how much they want to KEEP your money once you give it to them.
    Last edited by Champ; 06-17-2015 at 04:12 PM.

Car
    BMW X1

Oh believe me I did. I really didn't want to do it after reading all the BS but it was a gift and it's non-refundable.

Car
    My Saab

Quote Originally Posted by MisdemeanorMatt View Post
    Oh believe me I did. I really didn't want to do it after reading all the BS but it was a gift and it's non-refundable.
    If given as a gift it certainly isn't going to hurt to do it. Just don't break the rev limit! And remember to tip your Sherpa 20% of the full amount - $100-$200 in TIP! Shits crazy.

Car
    BMW X1

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    If given as a gift it certainly isn't going to hurt to do it. Just don't break the rev limit! And remember to tip your Sherpa 20% of the full amount - $100-$200 in TIP! Shits crazy.
    lol fuck that, i ain't tipping shit.

Car
    My Saab

Quote Originally Posted by MisdemeanorMatt View Post
    lol fuck that, i ain't tipping shit.
    But remember they are Sherpa's and this is how they get paid. These guys need to eat, too! Think of the Sherpa's.

Car
    BMW X1

I honestly think it's sad that the website plays the guilt card like that, pretty despicable as a whole.