Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorsports Lab

Car
    My Saab

One thing that would piss me off (and you may find it happens to you) is they advertise their location at a "track" and you end up in the parking lot. Their "big event" is at New Hampshire Motor Speedway...in the parking lot.

I have this sinking feeling you will show up at DCTC and roll around in the parking lot, not on the actual course.

Be interested to hear if that's how it goes.

The good news is, if you want to just mildly throw around a super car, they do actually give you super cars which is neat.

Car
    1992 Volkswagen Corrado SLC

I did this at DCTC last year. I tipped $20. Don't buy the insurance...it's super unnecessary. One guy spun off the track, so it was good that he had it.

If you're not an idiot, you won't push the car hard enough to ever come close to causing damage. The contract scared the shit out of me so I paid for cone insurance and RPM insurance (WTF)???

You do get to drive on the DCTC track. It's short, but pretty fun. I drove like a wimp though.

Car
    Stage 3 B5 S4/ MK2 Golf

Same here. girlfriend got me it as a gift a few weeks ago. You need your license and proof of insurance as well as a credit card. TBH i thought some of the girls taking the info were a little short with me and kind of bitchy but just my opinion.

As far as the experience, I thought it was fun as a gift, but i wouldnt pay for it. It was on the DCTC track but coned off, so quite short. I did the Ferrari F430. It was fun just being able to drive it. Like stated before, you basically stay in 2nd the whole time. My Sherpa was actually very nice and got to talk to him a bit about cars as he also had an s4 at home. I tipped him $20, which seemed fair.

Overall I think its fun and totally worth it. I just look at it as a chance to drive a pretty sweet car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiphile View Post
    Im sorry, but your black hub caps do not look like BBS's. They look like black hubcaps

Car
    06 A3

guy at work won this same thing. not to be mean but he is a huge dude. hope he fits in the car.

was it in valet mode?

and lol @ sherpa.

Car
    '13 VW CC / MK4 GTi

I did something similar a couple years ago with the "World Class Driving" people.

The giggle factor was high on the F430

Car
    Subi STi

Double win for you guys:
    1. You have other halves that think of you and buy you considerate gifts,
    2. You get to drive a cool car - even if it's not thrashing it. I've never driven a Ferrari or a Lambo. Pretty neat, even if it's in a parking lot.
    Go have fun and 'take pics or it didn't happen '
    We're here for a good time, not a long time!

Car
    Bike

Comapring a guy that rides around in a fizznari to an actual sherpa is f-ing rediculous.

Also, these things suck to drive in 1st/2nd gear, especially a clapped out one that the guy probably goes downtown afterwards to try and pick up chicks at the drink. A gift is fine, like you said.

Car
    BMW X1

Oh yeah forgot to update this.

The good:
    drove a lambo, got to sit in it for 10mins while waiting
    got to talk to "sherpa" guy about the car
    guy didn't give a shit "rarely get car people"
    abused 1/2 gear on takeoff

The bad:
    waited around 30mins to drive
    maybe spent 2 mins of actually driving around a small course
    price (if I had to pay for it)
    too tall for lambo

The ugly:
    they really whore out the tipping and insurance "buy ins" to the point where it's embarrassing

Overall: Nice people, decent idea, track too small, too short experience
    “We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” Charles Kingsley

Car
    '12 Tiguan, '30 Chevy

Hey look at me, I can afford to own a Lambo (well kinda. Now I gotta figure out how to make money with it so I can keep it around.)

Car
    BMW X1

Quote Originally Posted by toasted View Post
    Hey look at me, I can afford to own a Lambo (well kinda. Now I gotta figure out how to make money with it so I can keep it around.)
    I didn't get that impression. It was a small crew with two big trailers/trucks/2 lambo/2 ferrari. Looked like they lived out of them for the most part.
    Was told they run this to fund their racing.
    “We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” Charles Kingsley

Car
    06 A3

that would be a cake job to fund the main job of ... racing.? sweet
    sign me up. i would tell them to beat on the car if they were a car guy. shit the car is probably owned by a company or race team at that point.