Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162636465 LastLast
    Car
    '13 VW CC / MK4 GTi

Ive been researching TDIs/wagons for my wife, seems like a decent ROA. Her '13 CC has 161K on it. She drives a ton.... Its really not worth much at this point, although she is convinced its going to last til 300k, im not as confident though lol

Car
    Ch ch changes...

Quote Originally Posted by derp View Post
    jesus fucking christ dude.
    U mad bro?
    Last edited by ScottyK; 06-02-2017 at 04:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Topher View Post
    You buy weird cars.

Car
    E39 & E91

Cars are not investments, that are pretty much sunk cost. You keep chasing the idea of being in the green, but your actions probably cause you to spend way more money than if you just stuck with a boring appliance daily driver car.

Car
    B5A4tqma

Quote Originally Posted by derp View Post
    jesus fucking christ dude.
    To be fair, he DID make a thread about it, a statement of intent to keep it fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by JK9K View Post
    Cars are not investments, that are pretty much sunk cost. You keep chasing the idea of being in the green, but your actions probably cause you to spend way more money than if you just stuck with a boring appliance daily driver car.
    The premium = the price you pay to keep it fresh.

For some of us, we want to fall in love with a car. I would argue Scotty has done with with his sixer... He sold his, then regretted it. The hybrid is his lady on the side, perhaps.

Car
    Ch ch changes...

Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    To be fair, he DID make a thread about it, a statement of intent to keep it fresh.

The premium = the price you pay to keep it fresh.

For some of us, we want to fall in love with a car. I would argue Scotty has done with with his sixer... He sold his, then regretted it. The hybrid is his lady on the side, perhaps.
    You buy weird cars.

Car
    Ch ch changes...

Still bored with the Jetta.. but still have it. Been slightly hunting for a awd 6-spd manual car in the 7 - 11ish range with under 100k to trade for. The Jetta has been averaging 41mpg with the occasional 45 to 48mpg day here and there for whatever reason.

The bmw is still very good and fun to own. no real plans for it as of now. I'm more focused on trying to start losing weight, again, before I have a heart attack.
    You buy weird cars.

Car
    B5A4tqma

Ketogenic.

Look it up.

Car
    Ch ch changes...

Interesting info, thanks

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto

sidebar 16:8 approach to keto... tempting for me. I go to bed at 8pm, usually. And work till 2pm. This would mean eating at 12ish, just b4 my hour commute home. Working out when I get home, eat dinner, go to bed and do it again... I'll have to explore this.. tempting routine with the right foods/routine. Maybe one of those two meals a homemade whey gold standard protein shake, and only water? I wonder if I can still have coffee in the morning. I'm excited to explore the 16:8 keto approach tomorrow. Yep. It's 3am. Heard something go bump in the night at 220 and haven't slept since. Still getting used to this house being over twice the size of the one I owned for the past 12 years.

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/food-nut...mans-16-8-diet

weighed 333.6 yesterday. Yep. 7/01/17. Lets see where I can go from there. In 2013, it took me just days over 6 months to lose 100 pounds.
    Last edited by ScottyK; 07-02-2017 at 03:25 AM.
    You buy weird cars.

Car
    B5A4tqma

You should ease into it, if you are going to try it. There is lots to read about, and a good subreddit, r/keto

It isnt something i would go 100% lightswitch on. Use the dimmer.

Car
    '12 Tiguan, '30 Chevy

I tried Keto with some success. Lost 30 pounds in about 10 weeks.

It was hard to stick to though, probably because I didn't read enough into it and look up recipies. I was just eating bacon, salami, and cheese all the time. lol

I am currently doing the Fast Metabolism Diet. It is a meal plan designed to fix your metabolism. Yes, there is some weight loss, but that isn't the main goal with it. You do the plan, kick your metabolism back into gear, and then once your metabolism is fixed you are supposed to be able to continue to slowly lose weight while just eating sensibly.

Car
    Ch ch changes...

Well, got some X-rays done for some pain I've been having. Found out I have a fractured vertebrae L3 in my back likely from the car accident in December. Going in for an MRI next week, unless the doc deems it an emergency and wants it done sooner. So, yep. Also found out I'm arthritic. Yay for me.
    You buy weird cars.

Car
    Ch ch changes...

Kicking myself for not buying an awd after the accident. On the hunt for a wrx hatch priced way under book. Lmk if you see one. Or other hatch/wagon manual awd. 2008+, under 100k. Oh, and under 18k or so.

Thanks in advance if you help me find something.
    You buy weird cars.

Car
    2K2 Jetta TDI & 1.8T

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkyman26 View Post
    Ive been researching TDIs/wagons for my wife, seems like a decent ROA. Her '13 CC has 161K on it. She drives a ton.... Its really not worth much at this point, although she is convinced its going to last til 300k, im not as confident though lol
    I have a 2k2 Jetta with a TDI and 319K miles. Note - I have been religious with the 10K mile Full Synthetic oil changes, Timing belt changes, new nozzles, I change the Fuel filter every fall now to avoid the jelling issues I have had in the past. It will be very cold on winter mornings unless you garage or add tank heater. A trip should be more than 10 to 15 miles continuous driving each way. I get 50MPG in the summer and about 36MPG in the winter. Just my thoughts and opinion. Just picked up a second TDI, a 2K3 with 115K, I hope it lasts just as long but I do not know any of her prior maintenance.

Car
    Ch ch changes...

Decided to keep the hybrid. Up to 45k now. Still 40ish mpg average.
    You buy weird cars.

Car
    Ch ch changes...

Traded the BMW for a T2 Touareg and love it so far. So, yep.
    You buy weird cars.