Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Car
    JSW TDI 6MT & 2 Suburbans

JFettig in Forest Lake does Malone tunes.
    Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Car
    15 Sportwagen / TDI caddy

Jon is in St. Cloud now.

Car
    '03 S10 ZR2,'14 Jetta 5M

Yup, and Jon knows how to do the CR170 turbo upgrade from Europe. Bolt on turbo, about 200hp stage 3 when done. Or keep the stock hardware and get stage 2 flash.
    http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=399183
    Last edited by isonic; 10-24-2014 at 01:54 PM.

Car
    Changes more than Scotty

Car looks the same, only dirtier with the stupid 16" of snow and subsequent melting over the past couple days.

Leaning toward NOT getting a tune since with the required DSG tune the bill would be upwards of $1K... Does not seem too prudent to tune the Sportwagen for that much right now/ever for power gains I would rarely use. We have gotten back into a WRX for those types of shenanigans.

Took the VW to Eich for an oil change since the price with filter change was only $10-$15 more for them to do it. Getting more lazy? Maybe, but I was in and out in 37min. Not too bad, plus I got to drool over the new GTI... Waaaay nice.

Does fine in the snow even with the LRR all seasons. Not planning on getting snows, have the WRX for super snowy driving. Need to get correct sized tires for the WRX asap rather than snows for the VW.

Still loving the efficiency, room, nice ride, heated seats, solidness of the car. Think we'll keep this for awhile.
    2009 Honda Fit Sport Manual, 71k
    1999 Toyota Land Cruiser of WOW, 241k
    No Euro.

Car
    My Saab

Quote Originally Posted by natehack5 View Post
    Took the VW to Eich for an oil change since the price with filter change was only $10-$15 more for them to do it. Getting more lazy? Maybe, but I was in and out in 37min.
    We bring our Jetta to the dealership as well for oil changes - like you said they are not much more expensive than just buying the stuff and doing it yourself. They also have a buy 4 get 1 free oil change deal, so 20% off basically makes it a wash.

Car
    GSW TDI 6spd, 74 Scout II

Looking to buy snows for the wrx or just the stock all season size? Ive got a set of good 16" i took off my jsw that are same stock size as the wrx.
    Go Green with Diesel.

Car
    Changes more than Scotty

Thanks Stu, but we have the STI BBS on there now and they are 17's; preferred size would be 225/45/17. Has some 215/50/17 commuter car tires on there now, just not doing it for us since they are leaky and crappy.

Tested out my cold weather mod to the front end today taking my girls to the Childrens Science Museum. Fitted some 3/8" foam pipe insulation completely covering the lower grill and the bigger upper grill gap to keep some heat in the engine bay. Before the foamy mod, my engine temps were taking forever to rise and now they are rising MUCH sooner. Could have spent $100 or so on a cold weather grill cover that looks better, but the foam was free from my popsinlaw, might as well use it eh? Interesting to see what happens during a car wash...

Next on the list: splash guards.
    Last edited by natehack5; 11-25-2014 at 07:42 PM. Reason: words
    No Euro.

Car
    GSW TDI 6spd, 74 Scout II

I just did the lower section as well, the smaller pipe insulation didnt really fit in the upper grill and I know the first time I get it washed it would have just blown out. did you zip tie the upper in or anything or just stuff it in there?
    Go Green with Diesel.

Car
    Changes more than Scotty

With the upper grill I just covered the very bottom opening that was the biggest. Have not made time to do the rest of the upper (dadinlaw has more around) but I think it should stay put in everything but the most gale-y of November gales.

Have taken it up to 70 with no movement or zip ties. Car washes tho...
    No Euro.