Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Car
    GSW TDI 6spd, 74 Scout II

Default GM to bring 4cyl Diesel to US Colorado in 2016MY

http://www.mlive.com/business/mid-mi...nounce_pr.html

"GM will initially offer the Colorado with two engine options: A standard 2.5-liter four-cylinder estimated at 193 horsepower and 184 lb.-ft. of torque, and the 3.6-liter V6. For the 2016 model year, GM will also offer an all-new Duramax 2.8-liter turbodiesel – “greatly expanding the capabilities” of the pickup truck, according to GM."

sounds promising!
    Go Green with Diesel.

Car
    BMW X1

I will buy the shit out of this when diesel, that is if the tiguan tdi doesn't get here first.
    “We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” Charles Kingsley

Car
    Mk1, Mk6, Essten

Give it to me in a diesel, 2wd, regular cab, with a manual. Or Volkswagen could do the same with the Amarok.

Car
    JSW TDI 6MT & 2 Suburbans

I'm glad but at the same time, I wonder why they didn't put the Chevy Cruze diesel into the Colorado/Canyon and build a 3.2L diesel for their half ton pickups.

The Cruze diesel is ready to go now and they could see considerable cost savings by sharing powertrains. Even if they just shared the same block but the Colorado/Canyon had improved everything else in order to get more hp/tq out of it, there would be cost savings.
    Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Car
    BMW 228i, VW Cabriolet

This looks very promising. I hope Chevy sells the heck out of the thing. Then maybe Ford will be motivated to bring the Ranger back Stateside, and put a diesel in it.

Car
    '03 S10 ZR2,'14 Jetta 5M

There has been a lot of discussion about this over in The Car Lounge.net. Most people there are saying that the small truck segment is not needed since the fuel economy of 1/2 trucks has gotten so much better in the past few years. I argued against that saying (at least in the midwest) a small truck is the perfect compliment to our cars. A Full size truck was never on my radar mostly due to the fact that I don't need a $50K pick up truck. I do however need a small truck that I can use every one in a while to haul shit or drive through crappy weather in the winter time. They also said that re introducing the small truck back into the market would take away from full size truck sales.

Car
    Touareg. XC70. F430.

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    I'm glad but at the same time, I wonder why they didn't put the Chevy Cruze diesel into the Colorado/Canyon and build a 3.2L diesel for their half ton pickups.

The Cruze diesel is ready to go now and they could see considerable cost savings by sharing powertrains. Even if they just shared the same block but the Colorado/Canyon had improved everything else in order to get more hp/tq out of it, there would be cost savings.
    Isn't the same global diesel motor that they are using in this truck across the world? Pretty sure it's the same diesel from the model in thailand. 180hp / 350 lb ft.

Pretty crazy.

If it gets 35mpg+ and I can get it with leather (maybe GMC variant), it will be my next vehicle. Otherwise, it's probably going to be the i3.

Car

The article above says "all new" Duramax diesel.

EDIT:

This article says that it's the same diesel they've been using overseas.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/11...irst-look.html
    Last edited by mimalmo; 11-20-2013 at 07:30 PM.
    Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Car

Car
    S55, 330i, R53, JKU

Is this really a "small" truck?
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    listen to you old hags fussing over burrito prices. why don't you swing your purses at each other.

Car
    Touareg. XC70. F430.

Ha. Was thinking the same. But it's 900lbs lighter and 18" shorter than the Silverado. In line with the Tacoma and Frontier. Still not small or compact. But certainly smaller'ish.

Car
    GSW TDI 6spd, 74 Scout II

Considering how huge the new trucks are I think this is small. I bet it will be similar in size to the early-90's Silverado. Like how the Honda Fit is bigger than the 1996 Civic but is the smallest car sold by Honda on these shores.
    Go Green with Diesel.

Car
    2009 VW CC Manual

In diesel power magazine the 2015 Titan will come with a 5.0l v8 cummins. Just in case you were wondering.

Car
    hood scoop

The Titan is also seven thousand times bigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmer View Post
    bitch, you trippin'

Car
    Touareg. XC70. F430.

I want to see the GMC variant.