Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Car
    mk4 TDI, TDI Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by isonic View Post
    you will enjoy the R520 and 11mm pump. I don't have the gtb2056vk but I imagine it will be a nice setup.
    I think I will. I'm hoping it isn't too sluggish compared to your 17/22...I love how they pull down low.

Car
    Touareg. XC70. F430.

Quote Originally Posted by TTaM View Post

I thought I'd like the GMC better, but I'm leaning Bowtie. Granted it is the Z71 edition so probably all decked out. Still on my consideration list. Especially as I'll be coming off a GM Volt lease around the time the diesel bows.

Car
    GSW TDI 6spd, 74 Scout II

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    That looks fantastic. Four doors, manual trans and the diesel option please.

I believe this is called the "jalopnik Edition". Also comes in brown.
    Go Green with Diesel.

Car
    Touareg. XC70. F430.

I was really hoping this would be my next vehicle. My Volt lease is up April 2015. But I've heard rumblings from a knowledgeable source that the diesel model won't be onsale until well into 2016. Generally MY vehicles are released 4-6mo prior to the start of the next calendar year. Guess that won't be the case here.

I'm afraid if I bought the V6 or the I4, that I'd just be regretting not getting the diesel. I guess here's hoping the Frontier diesel is out prior.

Car
    Jessica, Michelle , Gert

Quote Originally Posted by sprstu View Post
    and we're all waiting for you to mass produce some pieces so we can all make one
    this
    Dustin-me, Gert- 77 f250, Michelle- ​URs6 Avant, Jessica-caddy

Quote Originally Posted by McAdam View Post
    There is probably more hot air coming out of your mouth than that engine.

Car
    Touareg. XC70. F430.

I wanted to like this, so bad.

I was thrilled when I saw one sitting at the Chevy display at the state fair. Then I got in it. It was shitty. Just felt chintzy. I was hoping that GM was done with that, but this felt like GM five years ago. Granted this was a base 4cyl model. So that wasn't doing it any favors.

Then I saw that Ford brought the new aluminum body F150 for display. What a damn good looking truck! And the new 2.7 EcoBoost sure seems damn promising. Rumors that it's going to see 30mpg.

If I can have a full size with 28+mpg or higher than there's no reason for something like a Colorado. Especially since the Colorado isn't THAT much smaller.

Volt ownership is quickly coming to an end, so we went and test drove some others this weekend. More on that later. But the EcoBoost Explorer is so for the win.

Car
    C7 A6, 90 CQ, 17 Ex Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Topher View Post
    I wanted to like this, so bad.

I was thrilled when I saw one sitting at the Chevy display at the state fair. Then I got in it. It was shitty. Just felt chintzy. I was hoping that GM was done with that, but this felt like GM five years ago. Granted this was a base 4cyl model. So that wasn't doing it any favors.

Then I saw that Ford brought the new aluminum body F150 for display. What a damn good looking truck! And the new 2.7 EcoBoost sure seems damn promising. Rumors that it's going to see 30mpg.

If I can have a full size with 28+mpg or higher than there's no reason for something like a Colorado. Especially since the Colorado isn't THAT much smaller.

Volt ownership is quickly coming to an end, so we went and test drove some others this weekend. More on that later. But the EcoBoost Explorer is so for the win.
    I'll definitely be checking both out at the fair. I'm disappointed to hear about the crappy interior.

Car
    GSW TDI 6spd, 74 Scout II

If a fullsize gasoline truck can net mid-20s a diesel that barely cracks 30 wont have much of a draw, unfortunately. But much like the Other Ford Eco-Boost they dont really get into the 20s as much as owners would like. I have no IRL experience with one of the Eco-Boost family vehicles only going on what Ive read on the interweb.

Is the 2.7 the same one thats in the Mustang?
    Go Green with Diesel.

Car
    Changes more than Scotty

I THINK the new Mustang is going to see an NA V6 as base, a 2.3 Ecoboost 4cyl as the upgrade, and a version of the V8 for the initial hot rod. Don't think the 2.7 V6 will be offered right away anyway.
    2009 Honda Fit Sport Manual, 71k
    1999 Toyota Land Cruiser of WOW, 241k
    No Euro.

Car
    e30(s) & 2 wheelers

I haven't had time to research much on them, but the new Dodge (Excuse me RAM) half-ton trucks with their "eco-diesel" motor's are pretty damn impressive. Quiet, very powerful, and they get great mileage from what customer's have told me.

I may have put my foot to the floor on one of them in our parking lot at work..

Typical diesel turbo lag (just stomped on it while rolling) but when the turbo spooled it really took off. I think it might've spun the tires at 30mph if I had stayed in it. I'm really hoping the light duty diesels take off for GM, and hopefully the Dodge's keep selling as well. Just need a manual trans now...

Car
    Rabbits, many.

Refreshing to see any new diesels being offered. I'm plenty happy with my 1.6 liters of naturally aspirated fury for now though

Car
    Touareg. XC70. F430.

If a fullsize gasoline truck can net mid-20s a diesel that barely cracks 30 wont have much of a draw, unfortunately. But much like the Other Ford Eco-Boost they dont really get into the 20s as much as owners would like. I have no IRL experience with one of the Eco-Boost family vehicles only going on what Ive read on the interweb.

Yeah. The current 3.5ecoboost isn't a MPG darling, for sure. It outperforms most 8cyl in MPG and hp/tq. Drove it in the Explorer and started cracking up when I dropped the hammer. I think much of the real world performance could be tied to keep your foot out of the boost.

The new F150 is over 700lbs lighter than the outgoing 2014 F150. So power to weight ratio and thus performance/economy are vastly improved.

The engine is (base) 3.5V6, (upgrade) 2.7 turbo with 325hp/375tq, the 5.0 V8 and then the top of the line 3.5 EcoBoost.

Car
    Touareg. XC70. F430.

Oh also, the EcoDiesel is coming in at 28mpg. So if they (Ford gasoline engines) get close to that, not sure why anyone would go for a diesel. Especially given price, maintenance, etc. Given performance equality.

Car
    mk4 TDI, TDI Ranger

We'll see how good of mileage the DI gas engines get when they have to breathe through a particulate filter. EPA, the great equalizer...

Car
    JSW TDI 6MT & 2 Suburbans

Yes please.

Last edited by mimalmo; 12-06-2014 at 02:32 PM.
    Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.