Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    02 4motion Jetta VRT

Default 2013 Auto-X Season Roll-call, Planning and Trash Talk.

Is anyone planning on giving it a shot this year? I would love to see more euro cars at these events, usual only 2 to 3 volkswagens at most events and an audi here and there with a few well prepped bmw's thrown in.

Ryan and I have spent the winter prepping my mk4 r32 for STX and feel like we have a good chance to have some fun and be competitive.

Specs
    United motorsports tune
    17x8 enkei rpf1's
    245/40 hankook RS3's
    Bfi stage 2 engine, tranny and dogbone mount
    Rear adjustable control arms
    Kw variant 1 coilovers
    Ground control front camber plates (not installed yet but ordered)
    H&R front and rear sway bars
    Wheel stud conversion
    "autocross exhaust" (removing entire rear section in place of a turn down)

What are you your plans for the year?

Car
    Audi 200 quattro Avant

I have a 83 Porsche 944 that needs some work before auto-x season. I need to get some seats for it, as well as tires and do some maintainence. Its all stock except for Konis and a cat-back.

Car
    MR2 and 951

i am working on preping my mr2 spyder for STR. so far only have wheels/tires and a big front bar. but its small and light, and much handier then my 951 was. cartoonishly easy to drive fast too.

951 will still probably come out for COM/PCA events, more fun, more power, but probably slower. its much more of a handful on a small autocross course.
    "Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." -Colin McRae

Car
    E36 M3s, Isettas, Vixen

I'm debating letting my 16 year old daughter try an autocross this year in her bone stock '93 325i.
    With a year or two of practice maybe she can teach you boys how it's done.
    I am now a perfectly safe penguin, and my colleague here is rapidly running out of limbs!

Car
    02 4motion Jetta VRT

Quote Originally Posted by clovold View Post
    I'm debating letting my 16 year old daughter try an autocross this year in her bone stock '93 325i.
    With a year or two of practice maybe she can teach you boys how it's done.
    MAC puts on a teen driving school that would be a great thing for her. They go over car control and get a chance to drive on the skid pad at DCTC.

Car
    E36 M3s, Isettas, Vixen

I'll see about signing her up for that. I already had her go through the Teen Street Survival school (I've instructed for them).
    She is already proficient with a manual trans. I'm training her right
    I am now a perfectly safe penguin, and my colleague here is rapidly running out of limbs!

Car

If I could fit in my truck with a helmet on, I would totally autocross it. I am sure I would set the record for slowest lap. It would be awesome.

Car
    5 of them, mostly broken.

I am going to try and make it out to a couple events this year, but probably just in my miata. your standard 1.8l NA miata; stock, except for swaybars, poly bushings, and exhaust. I need to get tires first though, as two of my summer Azenis' are sadly cording on the insides.

I did get a bit of creative motivation last night though, and threw together a camera mount out of scrap aluminum.

Last edited by momo; 04-29-2013 at 03:44 PM. Reason: huge pic, oops.
    - Taylor

My Flickr

Car
    02 4motion Jetta VRT

Quote Originally Posted by clovold View Post
    I'll see about signing her up for that. I already had her go through the Teen Street Survival school (I've instructed for them).
    She is already proficient with a manual trans. I'm training her right
    Sounds like the novice school for autocross would be a good thing for her, the teen driving school wouldn't hurt but it sounds a lot like the class she has already taken.

Car
    Porsche Boxster 986

I'm going to do the August Amery autocross, but other than that, I don't know if I'll go to any other events

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwagon View Post
    I would have thought that "I luv Box" was a name for only the biggest of manwhores
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/xbpenland

Car
    5 of them, mostly broken.

I was really hoping to do the afton hillclimb as well this year, but it seems to be cancelled. :/

if one of my volvos is fast by then, I might see about making it out to the amery autoX/speed run.
    - Taylor

My Flickr

Car
    02 4motion Jetta VRT

I got my Ground Control camber plates installed Friday night and an alignment on saturday. I am very pleased with the outcome, 3.06 degrees of camber in the front and almost 2 degrees in the rear. Ride quality wasn't really affected very much, just a little metal on metal noise over harsh bumps. The car feels fantastic and we can't wait to test the car out this weekend at ValleyFair Saturday and Sunday! I hope to see some other people make it out even if its just to spectate!

Car
    MR2 and 951

looking forward to this weekends events. no idea how im gonna drive. compared to my 951, i have lost half the power, 900 lbs, and moved the engine behind me. so we shall see how bad my instincts are.

Car
    MR2 and 951

and now its going to be 40 and raining ....

i think i might put my all seasons back on ....

Car
    02 4motion Jetta VRT

Yea, that should be interesting. We will still be running the 245 hankooks, on the plus side tire wear will be minimal?