Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Jeep/Trukwerks

Car
    Wood Motorboat |'15 Tahoe

Traded in our beloved SWB for something that will fit more than 3 passengers..

2015 Tahoe LT, Pretty much exactly like this:

Future plans are to keep it reliable, probably going to have this one for quite a while. I would like to add a 2"/4" Drop Kit and some Factory 22" Wheels - I am pretty partial to this one, having trouble finding a name or part number though:

Other than that, might do tint on the front windows and a cheeky vanity plate like SPY or FOILHAT

Car
    E30 M3

Nice man! Congrats! I really wanted another Tahoe, but they are SO SPENDY. Couldn't even do it. Enjoy.

Car
    Wood Motorboat |'15 Tahoe

I hear you. My only justification is I plan to run this into the ground... I am really hoping for 10+ years out of it. I have been watching a couple lists similar to "Top Ten Vehicles to Average More Than 200K Miles" and Tahoe / Yukon / Suburban and other GM Trucks make up almost half the list...

I am hoping the return on investment pays off over the LONG run.

Car
    E39 & E91

Quote Originally Posted by Die Frau View Post
    Traded in our beloved SWB for something that will fit more than 3 passengers..

2015 Tahoe LT, Pretty much exactly like this:

http://local-car-finder.com/images/t...15_Tahoe_1.png

Future plans are to keep it reliable, probably going to have this one for quite a while. I would like to add a 2"/4" Drop Kit and some Factory 22" Wheels - I am pretty partial to this one, having trouble finding a name or part number though:

http://www.shopchevyparts.com/images/19301161_Chevy.jpg

Other than that, might do tint on the front windows and a cheeky vanity plate like SPY or FOILHAT
    Those will look good. They were on the Tahoe "Black" (concept?), but in a darker finish.

I don't think you'll have much trouble getting 200+k out of one of these. I like searching for Silverados/Suburbans/etc on CL and there are always dones of fairly new trucks with 200-300k miles on them.

Car
    MK4

Welp, I suppose I can be apart of this thread now. Over a month ago I received this on a trade. I want to think I got the better end of the deal. Running Driving Truck > Old Ipod

Was the fiancee's dads old truck. Had it for 7 years and 160,000 miles. Now it's at 237,XXX and still runs and drives fine. Some things will be addressed but I will just drive this as it is. No point fighting the rust even though the interior is still in pretty good condition.

It is super comfortable and an easy driver. We'll plan on taking some trips in the tri-state area with it. Future plans would be harvest the engine and tranny whenever things are looking grim for the big guy.

More pictures: https://imgur.com/a/mJGpv

Car
    '13 VW CC / MK4 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by TurboCrayon View Post
    Welp, I suppose I can be apart of this thread now. Over a month ago I received this on a trade. I want to think I got the better end of the deal. Running Driving Truck > Old Ipod

Was the fiancee's dads old truck. Had it for 7 years and 160,000 miles. Now it's at 237,XXX and still runs and drives fine. Some things will be addressed but I will just drive this as it is. No point fighting the rust even though the interior is still in pretty good condition.

It is super comfortable and an easy driver. We'll plan on taking some trips in the tri-state area with it. Future plans would be harvest the engine and tranny whenever things are looking grim for the big guy.

More pictures: https://imgur.com/a/mJGpv
    Thats a heck of a trade!!

Car
    2006 VW Jetta TDi

my duramax swap into a suburban, first start after the swap:

Car
    S55, 330i, R53, JKU

^that's awesome. Stats on the motor?

I also bought this last week:

With our two dogs and people to haul up a down our beach road, an SUV is better for our needs than a pickup. Plus we miss "overland" camping (its totally car camping)

Also, It has 431k on the clock (yes, really) and *everything* works. It drives fantastically. I Bought it from the original owner with all the maintenance, and records. The only real bummer is that the rear hatch is rusted through in a couple spots, and it needs to be replaced but other than that, it needs nothing. It drives super comfy on and off road too so that's a bonus.

Future plans are a 2" lift, 33" tires, maybe some tacoma wheels or something and a rack for our roof top tent. And a snorkel cause I wanna look cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    listen to you old hags fussing over burrito prices. why don't you swing your purses at each other.

Car
    2006 VW Jetta TDi

Quote Originally Posted by palmer View Post
    2003 Suburban LT Quadrasteer
    The engine is a 2006 LBZ. I deleted the EGR, put a 3" downpipe and 4" exhaust out the rear. I left everything else stock at this point just to get it on the road. The allison and transfer case comes with the engine. It all pretty much bolted in, just a little bit of wiring change but not horrible.

Car
    BMW X1

That sweet quadrasteer!
    Are you going to leave that in? I always heard horror stories about that rear end but never saw anything to substantiate those claims besides the cost to replace.
    “We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” Charles Kingsley

Car
    2006 VW Jetta TDi

Quote Originally Posted by MisdemeanorMatt View Post
    That sweet quadrasteer!
    Are you going to leave that in? I always heard horror stories about that rear end but never saw anything to substantiate those claims besides the cost to replace.
    I've heard of people having issues with the electric motor on rear axle, and getting water inside it and such. I've also read that people who have lifted the truck, or changed tire/wheel sizes run into more problems as well. I've stuck with the oem tire/wheel size, and haven't had any issues at all. With the duramax, I've read that the power of the duramax is ok in stock form for the quadrasteer rear end. It's a dana 60 10.5" ring and pinion, and the duramax rear end is an 11.5" rear. Most guys that do the suburban/duramax swap rear ends with the duramax, but I'll be keeping the quadrasteer for sure.

Car
    '03 S10 ZR2,'14 Jetta 5M

Quote Originally Posted by Kriesel View Post
    2003 Suburban LT Quadrasteer
    What engine and transmission came out of it? How many miles did you have on the 'burban before the swap?

Car
    GTI, 100Q, 200Q 20v

Quote Originally Posted by palmer View Post

I also bought this last week:
    Nice 100
    Fingers of butter, fists of ham.

Car
    GTI, 100Q, 200Q 20v

Thought I would update after having my Land Cruiser for a full summer now. Living in Rapid City, you're never more than a couple miles from some awesome hiking/fishing/camping/etc. I got out to the Buffalo Gap National Grasslands or Black Hills National Forest probably once a week. The Land Cruiser never skipped a beat.

008.jpg011.jpg005.jpgIMG_20170809_124255.jpg007_1.jpg

Edit: Hmm, what are people using for hosting nowadays?
    Last edited by Aladinsane07; 11-01-2017 at 01:15 PM.
    Fingers of butter, fists of ham.

Car
    2006 VW Jetta TDi

Quote Originally Posted by isonic View Post
    What engine and transmission came out of it? How many miles did you have on the 'burban before the swap?
    All the quadrasteer suburbans have a 6.0L engine and a 4L80 transmission. The suburban had about 175k miles, the duramax is around 225k, which I'm not worried about. I cleaned up a bunch of things like oil pan gaskets and such when I had the engine out, so it should be good for a while and not leak at least...

I got the suburban from southern Cali, and so it has no rust on it. Right when I bought it, I had the complete underside sprayed with bed-liner, and came up the rockers a few inches. hopefully it doesn't rust too fast, but it'll be a fun drive now till it's rusted beyond repair haha