Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Jeep/Trukwerks

Car
    E30 M3

5.3. Just installed a new MAF and I think I averaged a little over 15. I went about 310 miles on 20 gallons of gas.

Car
    855T

Huh that's a little surprising to me.
    I'm getting almost 15 in my rusty POS 3/4t pickup with a 6.0 if I don't tow anything.
    Some day I'm going to build an airplane/Then I'm going to die in a plane crash
    The motorcycle is a work of art, a testament to the corner gods, and as with all religious endevours, requires a bit of ceremony and respect.

Car
    S55, 330i, R53, JKU

Does the Tahoe have full time AWD?
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    listen to you old hags fussing over burrito prices. why don't you swing your purses at each other.

Car
    E30 M3

No. 5.3 LT, 4WD, I have it in 2WD 99% of the time. It does have like 210k miles on it though. I have a 4 mile commute, but drive up to Circle Pines 3 times a week so I get a decent amount of highway miles. One time when I went to St Cloud I got like 17 MPG. Things are a little thrown off by a slightly larger than stock tire size as well. So who knows what I'm really getting.

Car
    855T

Quote Originally Posted by aaronmjr View Post
    It does have like 210k miles on it though. I have a 4 mile commute, Things are a little thrown off by a slightly larger than stock tire size.
    That explains a lot. And this is why it is so hard to compare mpg.
    Your "mixed" driving is totally different then my mixed driving. My commute is anywhere from 25-50 miles one way and then a occasional run to the home improvement hell or bar is a 5 mile trip. So yea I'm not too surprised you average a few mpg's less then I do with similar a vehicle/engine combo even though we are both comparing whole tank averages​.
    The motorcycle is a work of art, a testament to the corner gods, and as with all religious endevours, requires a bit of ceremony and respect.

Car
    S55, 330i, R53, JKU

I also have joined the Ranger club:

I needed something for my beach road as well as general junk hauling, cause this was not cutting it:

After shopping for a couple months this one popped up on CL and I jumped on it. Its a 2004 with 130k on the clock. It has the FX4 package, so the shocks are upgraded (and worn out) it also has clutch-pack LSD 8.8" rear end with 4.10 gears and the fender flares are also part of the package. It also had the 4.0 V6. All in all, it's pretty clean and the topper is a nice bonus. the interior got some nice upgrades in 2004 as well, so it actually looks as nice as it needs to on the inside. Pretty sure it was owned by an old man, so it's been well cared for as far as I can tell.

Plans are to flush the fluids, fix an exhaust leak (maybe do a side exit in front of the rear wheels because truck) and get the smoke smell out of the interior. I'll also be upgrading the topper with LED lights, and eventually I'll get a spray in bedliner.

I'll do new tires and wheels next year probably. I would love to find some wheels off the "'level II" rangers, they are made by Alcoa and look awesome on these things:

At some point, I'll also be making some sort of framework for my roof top tent. I have a couple ideas for that...
    listen to you old hags fussing over burrito prices. why don't you swing your purses at each other.

Car
    hood scoop

all you fuckin dicks need to stop with the truck shit.

i have enough vehicles and can't keep wanting moar
    Quote Originally Posted by palmer View Post
    bitch, you trippin'

Car
    Wood Motorboat |'15 Tahoe

Andy, you should get some fake bead lockers for that thing.

Car
    S55, 330i, R53, JKU

Quote Originally Posted by Die Frau View Post
    Andy, you should get some fake bead lockers for that thing.
    Ha, I'd fit right in out here.

Oh, and my friend suggested I put a Hi-Point Arms sticker on the topper to indicate that I am armed, but too cheap to keep anything of value in the truck. I got a good LOL out of that one.

Car
    337, Scirocco, GT, Ranger

They're fun. Mine has an open diff 7.5, but I plan on finding an 8.8 out of an Explorer this summer. They mount above the spring and almost all had traction lock diffs. That combined with a DJM front A arm and Spring kit will put my truck at about the height I want it at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Topher View Post
    Now is where I politely tell you to go fuck yourself.

Car
    S55, 330i, R53, JKU

What gearing does yours have? I was a little concerned about the 4.10, but I'm at 2500 at 75, so I'm not too worried. That will change with the eventual larger tires too.

http://www.blueovaltrucks.com/tech-a...-door-sticker/

Car

Ranger axles have different codes from full size trucks. That page says my 86 axle code has a 4.56 ratio, but the ranger axle code says it's a more believable 3.73.

Car

It should be listed on the axle too as the pic at the bottom of this link shows:. http://www.therangerstation.com/tech...8_8-axle.shtml

Car
    Ch ch changes...

Spotted this in the garage next door to where my BMW is stored. Thought this was a good thread to drop it into..

You buy weird cars.

Car
    855T

Doin truck stuff with my rusty old trucks this morning.

2017-04-09_11-05-36 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr