Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 705 of 850

Thread: Jeep/Trukwerks

  1. #691
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West Minnetonka
    Posts
    16,918
    Car
    Wood Motorboat |'15 Tahoe

    Default

    Awesome. Thanks for the info. Apple Ford is on the other side of the cities from us, but good to know that it might be worth the drive in the right case.

    I like the idea of the second row captain's chairs...

  2. #692
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bloomingtown
    Posts
    7,108
    Car
    My Saab

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Die Frau View Post
    I like the idea of the second row captain's chairs...
    So do a lot of minivan owners.

  3. #693
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Afton, MN
    Posts
    1,057
    Car
    2006 VW Jetta TDi

    Default

    Love my Quadrasteer Suburban... Will not buy a minivan...

  4. #694
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    4,679
    Car
    337, Scirocco, GT, Ranger

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topher View Post
    Now is where I politely tell you to go fuck yourself.

  5. #695
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    rosemount
    Posts
    1,925
    Car
    b6 a4/g-whips/red truck

    Default

    that's certainly different.

    we'll see how this one treats us, new wife mobile
    Last edited by the_bomber; 03-22-2016 at 08:13 AM.
    Team B0N4R

  6. #696
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Coon Rapids
    Posts
    6,364
    Car
    Porsche 914, Jeep XJ

    Default

    Nice, congrats. I always liked the newer Grand Cherokees.

    I finished the brakes in my XJ, all new pads/rotors/drums/shoes/springs but kept the lines, calipers, and wheel cylinders for now since they all looked good. Also ended up needing a front passenger hub/bearing assembly and the u-joint behind it, that went much smoother than I was expecting. Swapped in a new starter and the tie rod and ends from the pitman arm too. Been itching to lift it, I was just going to snag Ryan's AALs but I'm not thinking a full 3-3/5" lift with completely new leafs might be better. Mine are just saaaaggy, didn't help when I tried to load up that u-haul car carrier with the 914 pretty much resting all of it's weight on the tongue.

    Also will want new tires, but waiting until I settle on a lift to figure out what I want. Other than that, it's been a champ for DD duty.

  7. #697
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Monticello
    Posts
    862
    Car
    '13 VW CC / MK4 GTi

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OptimusGlen View Post
    Nice, congrats. I always liked the newer Grand Cherokees.

    I finished the brakes in my XJ, all new pads/rotors/drums/shoes/springs but kept the lines, calipers, and wheel cylinders for now since they all looked good. Also ended up needing a front passenger hub/bearing assembly and the u-joint behind it, that went much smoother than I was expecting. Swapped in a new starter and the tie rod and ends from the pitman arm too. Been itching to lift it, I was just going to snag Ryan's AALs but I'm not thinking a full 3-3/5" lift with completely new leafs might be better. Mine are just saaaaggy, didn't help when I tried to load up that u-haul car carrier with the 914 pretty much resting all of it's weight on the tongue.

    Also will want new tires, but waiting until I settle on a lift to figure out what I want. Other than that, it's been a champ for DD duty.
    I dont blame you there. The AALs are easier to install, but they sag fast if your rear leafs are shot like mine were. You can get a nice 3.5" setup from IRO for a decent price. The only issue ive came across is the driveline vibration, so i will be going with an SYE shortly. Oh and i need extended brake lines, since they get tight fast when you flex with that much lift. Oh, and i need to sell my 16" MOABS and get some bigger tires......... Lol

  8. #698
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Coon Rapids
    Posts
    6,364
    Car
    Porsche 914, Jeep XJ

    Default

    Well, foot in mouth. Ended up getting full length AALs. Supposed to be 2-2.5" of lift, not really sure what it actually is.



    Thinking I'll just do a small spacer up front to even it out. Also grabbed these wheels and tires, just slightly bigger than what I had, but good tread and super clean.

    Edit: installed a spacer, pounded out the weld nuts for the rear shocks and fished new nuts/bolts. Also deleted the rear sway and used the parts for the rear bar pin eliminators.



    It's just about exactly where I want it.
    Last edited by OptimusGlen; 04-03-2016 at 04:04 PM.

  9. #699
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Monticello
    Posts
    862
    Car
    '13 VW CC / MK4 GTi

    Default

    Anyone else doing the Crawl for the Cure? I just got registered for the crawl and for camping up there yesterday.

  10. #700
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Afton, MN
    Posts
    1,057
    Car
    2006 VW Jetta TDi

    Default

    There is a swap meet at the Anoka County Fairgrounds this weekend for jeep stuff:
    https://www.mn4wda.com/events/mn4wda-annual-swap-meet/

    The jeep club I'm in is helping host the event:
    northstarjeepclub.com

  11. #701
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Monticello
    Posts
    862
    Car
    '13 VW CC / MK4 GTi

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kriesel View Post
    There is a swap meet at the Anoka County Fairgrounds this weekend for jeep stuff:
    https://www.mn4wda.com/events/mn4wda-annual-swap-meet/

    The jeep club I'm in is helping host the event:
    northstarjeepclub.com
    Ill be there, or will at least be stopping by. Ben from NorthStar Jeep Club was over and bought a set of wheels and tires from me on Saturday. He was super nice, and talked me into the Crawl for the Cure. Ill probably be seeing some of you guys at the meetings and/or the swap meet

  12. #702
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Afton, MN
    Posts
    1,057
    Car
    2006 VW Jetta TDi

    Default

    Ben is a good guy. I'll be at the meetings too. I do the website stuff for the club at the moment, and am one of the officers, Ben is the president.

    I can't make it to the swap meet.

  13. #703
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West Minnetonka
    Posts
    16,918
    Car
    Wood Motorboat |'15 Tahoe

    Default

    We picked up one of these a couple weeks ago:



    2014 Limited, pretty much fully loaded. I think the only things it is missing is the adaptive cruise and air suspension.

    I really wanted to like the Flex, but I just cannot handle the interior. IMO - Ford really needs to up their game on the Flex and F150.

  14. #704
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    rosemount
    Posts
    1,925
    Car
    b6 a4/g-whips/red truck

    Default

    oh suuure, pete comes in and one ups me.

    jk, that looks nice. i'm not showing the wife, as she wanted a black one when we went to look at them.
    Team B0N4R

  15. #705
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Duluth
    Posts
    9,172
    Car
    Bus, Bike & c5

    Default

    Trade in the merc for it?
    Listen twice as much as you talk.

Similar Threads

  1. my other vw is a jeep?
    By huck731 in forum Project Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-19-2013, 10:18 PM
  2. FS: Jeep YJ Parts
    By Kriesel in forum Car Parts Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 11:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •