Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top Gear USA

Car
    72 911T, '12 Jetta, Tahoe

Default Top Gear USA

Dare I say I really like this show now? The new seasons starts in a little bit, and season 2 is on a lot. I never did like season 1, but season 2 really is shining pretty bright. I almost want to say I like it as much as top gear UK. I think the rapport between the characters is getting good and its really nice having a guy who can actually drive these cars talking about them vs a fat crumpet eating brit. I do however, hate adam fererra. that guy needs to be replaced.

Car
    Dream car

while not as bad as it was, still a dumb show for mindless americans
    Stop parting out

Car

Quote Originally Posted by Nevr View Post
    while not as bad as it was, still a dumb show for mindless americans

what do you watch only PBS newshour and NOVA or what.

Car
    GSW TDI 6spd, 74 Scout II

They took the best part of TopGear and made a whole show out of it, the car adventure. Every episode is something I would like to do. I also agree that Adam should be replaced.
    Go Green with Diesel.

Car
    S55, 330i, R53, JKU

My friend is flying Blackhawk helecopters for an episode of that show this year. I think the episode has an AMG G-Wagen in it as well.

Cool Story, Bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    listen to you old hags fussing over burrito prices. why don't you swing your purses at each other.

Car
    Ferd Fercus

The wife is now hooked on Top Gear UK after she watched season 2 of Top Gear America with me.
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway

Car
    BMW 228i, VW Cabriolet

Its entertaining. I still like the UK version better, but I don't think they both have the same budgets.

Car
    337, Scirocco, GT, Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Digital K View Post
    I do however, hate adam fererra. that guy needs to be replaced.
    If you feel like torturing yourself, try watching some of his standup. I watched about 5 minutes of his episode of Comedy Central Presents and didn't even crack a smile. I thought Tanner Foust was good from the beginning though. He at least had a bit of experience from hosting Supercars Exposed on Speed a couple years before. I have no real opinion on Rutledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Topher View Post
    Now is where I politely tell you to go fuck yourself.

Car

Quote Originally Posted by TTaM View Post
    Its entertaining. I still like the UK version better, but I don't think they both have the same budgets.
    I feel like Top Gear UK must have a gigantic budget for some of the stuff those guys do.

Car
    Scorpio/BeetleTDI/F650

Tanner Foust is a hell of a driver, but is utterly lacking in personality. I want to punch Rutledge in the throat every time he opens his mouth. No real opinion on Fererra. It's an OK show on its own merits but doesn't hold up in comparison to Top Gear UK. The dynamic between Clarkson, Hammond, and May cannot be replicated, but it doesn't really need to be replicated for the show to be somewhat watchable.

I'd rather History show episodes of Top Gear US than American Pickers.

"You don't innovate because you can't innovate; it's not a choice, despite what you might tell your boys." -El-P

Car
    '07 VW Touareg

I still prefer Top Gear UK, but definitely agree with the US version has gotten considerably better with time.

Car

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Tanner Foust is a hell of a driver, but is utterly lacking in personality. I want to punch Rutledge in the throat every time he opens his mouth. No real opinion on Fererra. It's an OK show on its own merits but doesn't hold up in comparison to Top Gear UK. The dynamic between Clarkson, Hammond, and May cannot be replicated, but it doesn't really need to be replicated for the show to be somewhat watchable.

I'd rather History show episodes of Top Gear US than American Pickers.

I would surmise the dynamic that the UK guys have was over years and years and years and years of working together. Ever watch REALLY old top gear? its awful.

Car
    Scorpio/BeetleTDI/F650

Yes indeed.

"You don't innovate because you can't innovate; it's not a choice, despite what you might tell your boys." -El-P

Car
    Stage 3 B5 S4/ MK2 Golf

Personally i think Jeremy Clarkson makes the show, I watched the most recent top gear episodes and it was just richard hammond, or richard an james may, and i didnt think it was as good.

as for US top gear im biased because i liked tanner foust before the show from his drift career. I like rutlidge because he likes a lot of the cars i like. I HATED when they ruined that perfectly good caddy
    Adam ferrara is a douche.

Car
    MK4

I like both shows purely for what they do. Both shows have 3 hosts with 3 totally different views/opinions. Granted, the US version could have a better "James May" type person other than Adam Ferrara.

The main gripe I have on the UK version is they either drive the super/hyper cars or the crappiest of crap economy cars. Hardly do they do a proper review for "midrange" cars.