Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tee-Dee-Eye

Car
    My Saab

Do you need a tune to replace this? Is it DIY?

Ah looked at your links, seems you need a tune.

Car
    B5 Passat TDI, 951

Yes, you can DIY the physical removal but you need to have a tune to disable post injection, regeneration, deletes, etc.
    I can take care of you if you need a proper tune for it. You don't need to do a performance tune to get it deleted but its the same cost as a Stage 1 tune.

Jon
    Malone Tuning Dealer
    VW/Audi/CRD Gas and TDI tuning including DSG tuning.

Car
    2012 JSW TDi, 2007 GTi

I've been thinking of getting the DPF delete for my car, looking RAWTEK as I've heard good things about them and they seem to be the only folks that are doing this.

http://www.rawtekinc.com/Volkswagen%...0Products.html

a little pricey and the guys at Further told me it would void the warranty. I'm going to wait to get the rest of the exhaust on with this.

Have you got the wagon tuned yet? I got unitronic and I love it but when/if you get the DPF delete you'd have to get a new tune for it.
    2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDi. Flash, Bags & Wheels
    2007 GTi - 5.0 LS3 swap w/6-speed sequential gearbox. AWD driveline from Golf R. VW Fox steering wheel. .403 Injectors w/ Carb from VW Lupo. 417WHP

Car
    B5 Passat TDI, 951

One of my customers had the Rawtek downpipe and mid pipe with him when I tuned his 2010 TDI, It is a piece of art.

There are only two others offering downpipes but they aren't any cheaper and Rawtek is by far nicer.
    Malone Tuning Dealer

Car
    JSW TDI 6MT & 2 Suburbans

I haven't done anything other than drive it and added the clear bra. While I like the idea of exhaust mods, I'm not interested in voiding my warranty yet.
    Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Car
    2012 JSW TDi, 2007 GTi

I can understand that but for me I want to enjoy driving the car too. the stock tdi is a dog when you are rolling and the tune really helps that. I dont know what the tdi pushes stock but I spike around 25psi and hold 21. very torquey and fun. I'm really hoping someone gets some affordable injectors out there soon.

FYI I did a muffler delete and it didnt do anything. I was atleast hoping for some sound but with the cats and DPF its so restricted that I didnt notice any difference so I wouldnt bother with it unless you do a full TB exhaust.
    2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDi. Flash, Bags & Wheels
    2007 GTi - 5.0 LS3 swap w/6-speed sequential gearbox. AWD driveline from Golf R. VW Fox steering wheel. .403 Injectors w/ Carb from VW Lupo. 417WHP

Car
    B5 Passat TDI, 951

Believe it or not, the stock injectors should be capable of around 250hp without real high durations. There are two big turbo builds on TDI Club right now, I just mailed one his ECU back so they'll start tuning as early as today to see what they're capable of.
    Malone Tuning Dealer

Car
    04 jetta wagon, 12 Golf T

My wife's tdi is pretty quick when rolling or off the line. Maybe it's the dsg though.
    There is some noticable lag when coming to a stop and then punching it.

Car

Just got rear ended on 35w. Not even 2500 miles on the car yet.
    Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Car
    B5 Passat TDI, 951

damn!

How bad is it?
    Malone Tuning Dealer

Car

Rear bumper is gone. Can't tell if sheet metal is damaged or not.

Car
    BMW 228i, VW Cabriolet

Ouch

Car

Cleaned it up last night and took a pic in the parking ramp this morning. Small crease on hatch, some scuffs on fenders, bumper's obviously toast.

Car

Took it to Raymond Autobody today. It's worse than it looks. The hatch no longer fits correctly because everything back there has been shoved forward.

Car

Finally got it back today. Over $6k in repairs.