Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    95 VW GTI VR6

Default Lake Superior Pro Rally 10/26

Lake Superior Performance Rally, the Oldest, Toughest and
    Meanest Rally on the Rally Circuit Returns to Houghton, Michigan October 26-27,2012
    The Lake Superior Region Car Club would like to announce the18th running of the Lake Superior Performance Rally (LSPR) based inHoughton, Michigan again this year. TheLSPR is known as the Oldest, Toughest and Meanest Off-Road event in the countryand is sanctioned by Rally Car/Rally-America in Golden Valley, MN.
    The Lake Superior PerformanceRally (LSPR) will be one event over two days. With a Coef.3 Friday and aCoef. 2 Saturday for Rally America seeding only. New this year with be the inception of SuperRally Rules. If you DNF the first night you can come back the next day withapplied penalty road points.
    Dates for this year's event is October 25-27, 2012 with Competitorand Worker Registration starting on Thursday October 25th. Fans and Spectatorsare invited to get up-close and personal with the Cars and Drivers on FridayOctober 26th during the Parc Expose at the LSPR Headquarters (Country Inn &Suites) from 1:00pm to 2:15pm(est) prior to the official start of the AutoValue LSPR Rally, the first leg of this two day racing event. Racing officiallystarts Friday at approximately 2:15pm(est) with the first car out from theCountry Inn & Suites on Razorback Drive just off M-26 behind WalMart in Houghton,MI.

This year's LSPR event route starts Friday October 26th with the Auto Value LSPRevent at the Country Inn & Suites and travels to the Moyle Gravel Pit offGreen Acres Road for the first of two stages before heading south to the USForest Service Roads in and near Kenton, Michigan before heading back toHoughton in the early hours of Saturday to the LSPR Headquarters (Country Inn& Suites) for the official finish. Saturday October 27th all the actionmoves to Baraga County for day two of the LSPR event. New to the Baraga County areawill be the Parc Expose in Downtown L'Anse, Michigan near the Marina in thepublic parking area from 9:30am to 10:30am(est) prior to the official start ofthe Rally, the second and final leg ofthis two day racing event. Once again Rally fans and spectators can get upclose and personal with the cars, drivers, co-drivers and teams to learn moreabout Off-Road Pro Rally. The LSPR racing will officially start atapproximately 09:30am on Saturday with the first car out from the Downtown L'AnseMarina and head into the back roads of the Baraga County area for anotherchallenging day of racing. Fans and Spectators will get a second up close peakat the cars and the teams as they come in for service at the L’Anse High Schoolparking lot, spectators are asked to please park outside of the school grounds.
    Visit the LSPR web site at http://www.lsprorally.com forcomplete race information and spectator sites.

Car
    F100

This is always the highlight of my year- fantastic scenery and fantastic rally action. Definitely going.

Suabru by Tyler Linner, on Flickr

Car
    92 GTI Rally Car

My crew is talking about a full team road trip to volunteer for this year. Have you worked the event, or just spectated?
    92 GTI Stage Rally Car

Car
    F100

We always spectate but I know my friend Henry has talked of volunteering, and even co-drove a race this spring. I'll talk to him about it.

EDIT:
    I guess we're volunteering on Friday
    Last edited by Sven7; 09-06-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Car
    F100

Just registered to volunteer. Planning stuff to do in Duluth on the way over... anyone else going?

Car
    MK2 Golf RallyCar

We'll be there. Swing by an say Hi to your local rally team car #654.
    Dave Grenwis - DG Rally #654 - G2 Rally America - project thread - www.dgrally.com
    Follow us! - twitter @dgrally - facebook - youtube - instagram @dgrally

Car
    S55, 330i, R53, JKU

A few EW's types are going up as well. Going to do some MTB riding in Copper Harbor as well. Should be mildly epic.

Sven, any good tips for spectation location?
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    listen to you old hags fussing over burrito prices. why don't you swing your purses at each other.

Car
    F100

We're going to do some mtb'ing at Copper Harbor as well. I gotta get some use outta the new ride It was an absolute blast last year.

Can't tell ya now about locations but I should have more info after the Thurs volunteer meeting.

Heading up to Duluth on Thurs morning to meet momo and we'll be carpooling from there to catch up with the MIVE guys by 5-6p. Palmer, are you volunteering?

Car
    S55, 330i, R53, JKU

Nope. Would be fun to do at some point though.

I'll be up on Thursday night with 5 of my friends, and we have a cabin.

Gonna stop in Houghton, hit the brewhouse. Then keep the party friday going for the race, then ride all day on Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    listen to you old hags fussing over burrito prices. why don't you swing your purses at each other.

Car
    F100

I sense a Eurowerks-Mive gtg

Car
    BMW 228i, VW Cabriolet

So what are the good stages?

Car
    F100

Pick one with lots of spectator points?

http://www.lsprorally.com/files/LSPR...tageFriday.pdf

http://www.lsprorally.com/files/LSPR...orSaturday.pdf

For some reason Kenton rings a bell from last year. Not sure you're "allowed" to watch that one though.

Car
    MK2 Golf RallyCar

All the stages at LSPR are good. If you want to watch and see "good stages" I would recommend volunteering for a day (or 2). When you volunteer, tell them you want to be on a good/fast/tricky corner and don't want to be at a spectator area. That's really the only good way to watch; by yourself, with your friends, unsupervised. Spectator areas you only get to see the cars in one turn from 20+ ft away behind a banner with a hundred other people. The first two gravel pit stages are marginal, you get to see the cars come in fast but it's nothing compared to being right there as close as you want.
    Dave Grenwis - DG Rally #654 - G2 Rally America - project thread - www.dgrally.com
    Follow us! - twitter @dgrally - facebook - youtube - instagram @dgrally

Car
    Touareg. XC70. F430.

If they run at the quarry/gravel pit, that's a fun stage.

Car
    F100

Golf Ballz I saw you driving around a few times but between marshalling and spectating didn't have a chance to say hi.

We had a great time!

Anyone get pics of the wrecked E30?