Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Car
    E39 & E91

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    I never got to drive any of the Chevy's but have heard good things.
    My dad loves his Duramax GMC, and he has spent thousands of hours behind the wheel of various Ford and Dodge diesel trucks though his career. That said, that's comparing apples to, really worn out work-apples.

His normal towing load is 5,000 lb boat/trailer, so I'm sure you give your truck a bit more of a workout than he does.

I still found it odd that he went with the GM since he never had much bad to say about the Fords and Dodges that he had for work, be he is pretty happy with his choice aside from some persistent but fairly minor issues he's had with the piss injection system.

Car
    My Saab

Quote Originally Posted by JK9K View Post
    My dad loves his Duramax GMC, and he has spent thousands of hours behind the wheel of various Ford and Dodge diesel trucks though his career. That said, that's comparing apples to, really worn out work-apples.

His normal towing load is 5,000 lb boat/trailer, so I'm sure you give your truck a bit more of a workout than he does.

I still found it odd that he went with the GM since he never had much bad to say about the Fords and Dodges that he had for work, be he is pretty happy with his choice aside from some persistent but fairly minor issues he's had with the piss injection system.
    What year is it? I think any of the current or even current - 1 generations of trucks are probably all leaps and bounds better than the 2000-2009 range of trucks, by any company.

Car
    E39 & E91

It is a 2013.

Car
    B5.5 Passat Wagon 1.8t

I have been driving a 2014 Duramax 2500 HD to pull an enclosed trailer full of heavy displays. Love driving it even though I've always been a Ford guy. The duramaxs ride beautiful but will not get the milage the other diesels do. I am averaging 10.9 mpgs of 50000.

Edit: Also my dad is looking a newer truck in the 15-20K range. He has been throwing around the possibility of a 6.0 but is apprehensive about them. Guys seem to either have really bad luck or really good luck with them.

Car
    BMW 228i, VW Cabriolet

My brother just bought an F250 with the 6.0 and 150K on it. We'll see how it does, I'd be afraid of it.

Car
    My Saab

Back in August we blew a rear truck tire while towing. Estimate is $5,000 in damage to the bed and surrounding. $750 deductible only.

Labor day weekend we hit a bear running across the road. Going to be another couple grand I would imagine Thankfully again $750 deductible.

So 4 new tires = $1,200, and $1,500 in insurance deductibles makes for a pricey 30 day period we weren't expecting.

Car
    Wood Motorboat |'15 Tahoe

Didn't you just get those tires last year? I cannot imagine they would have seen extreme use since then... any recourse there? Probably not, I guess.

Car
    '13 VW CC / MK4 GTi

Back in August we blew a rear truck tire while towing. Estimate is $5,000 in damage to the bed and surrounding. $750 deductible only.

Labor day weekend we hit a bear running across the road. Going to be another couple grand I would imagine Thankfully again $750 deductible.

So 4 new tires = $1,200, and $1,500 in insurance deductibles makes for a pricey 30 day period we weren't expecting.

Ouch thats some tough luck!

Sidenote, i hope you kept the bear, and if so, ill gladly purchase some meat from you to help you get your costs back down

Car
    My Saab

Quote Originally Posted by Die Frau View Post
    Didn't you just get those tires last year? I cannot imagine they would have seen extreme use since then... any recourse there? Probably not, I guess.
    We got new trailer tires last year. These tires were new when we bought the truck (was part of the purchase agreement), and we've put a little less than 20,000 miles on them. BF Goodrich won't do anything because it's not "treadwear" related - i.e. we can't prove we didn't hit a nail or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkyman26 View Post
    Ouch thats some tough luck!

Sidenote, i hope you kept the bear, and if so, ill gladly purchase some meat from you to help you get your costs back down
    I wish! The fucker kept running!

Car
    E39 & E91

I wish! The fucker kept running!
    Probably went to find a nice place to curl up and die.

You need some sort of big-ass bro bumper, punt all the bears and deer that you want. Might as well get a full cage in the truck while you're at it.

Car
    My Saab

As long as it has a winch.

Car
    E39 & E91

Gotta be ready to do some winchin'! Winch those bears right off the road.

Car
    JSW TDI 6MT & 2 Suburbans

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.