Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Car
    2011 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
    i have this guy do many a vehicle. he is right by village chev. he does it quick and a very good job.
    http://www.bravoprotection.com/
    I've seen their work and it looks quite nice. If I were getting my windows tinted, they would be the top of my list.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisdemeanorMatt
    That's why I like this place, I came for the cars, but stick around for the hate.

Car
    04 jetta wagon, 12 Golf T

I had tint pros do 3 of my cars. all 35%, never harassed about it
    The first one (6 years ago old owner) was fantastic, lasted 2 years no problems, sold car
    Second one (old owner) was great, lasted 2 years, sold car
    Third one (new owners) shit job, tint bubbles everywhere, and film peeling 1month after purchase. Just dont have the time to drive all the way to brooklyn dark to get it fixed.

Currently looking in for my car and neighbors.
    you're looking up used handguns at school? welcomed to the flagged student list
    Your cock blocking like half the people on eurowerks with that statement.

Had a few cars tinted by Tint Pros with decent results. That was 5+ years ago though. I'll be bringing the new car to Sun Control for 35% all around and a full front end wrap. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Oh, for those wanting to go darker than 50% you just need a prescription from an eye doctor. Pretty easy to get.

Car
    07 Xterra

Sun Control. They have a shop in St. Paul and Hudson.

Car

Quote Originally Posted by webcrawlr View Post
    Oh, for those wanting to go darker than 50% you just need a prescription from an eye doctor. Pretty easy to get.
    let me know what eye doctor does that. I have contacted 3 and they all say they dont.

Also you just have to sign a release form to get less then 50%.

Car
    jetta

Quote Originally Posted by veedubmechanic View Post
    let me know what eye doctor does that. I have contacted 3 and they all say they dont.

Also you just have to sign a release form to get less then 50%.
    i've gotten mine from Lens Crafters in Maple Grove multiple times. The key is that you have to have a reason and they just wont "give" you the form. You have to get a new form every year from them in order to be legal, and there are some very specific things that need to be stated in the form in order for a cop to recognize it as a valid "doctors note".

Car

I have a sensitivity to light and even my optometrist said so. Then I asked for a tint prescription and she said they dont do that. I was like WTF mate?

I am going to lens crafters in burnsville next time though, I used to use them in HS. Maybe I can get one then.

Car
    1989 BMW 325is TCD s2

Quote Originally Posted by Russo View Post
    I've seen their work and it looks quite nice. If I were getting my windows tinted, they would be the top of my list.
    Well, I ended up going with Bravo and I have to say after using AutoVisions for the last 20+ years (yup, I'm old), I was a bit tentative about trying someone new. I made my appointment last week and went in on Tuesday afternoon. They did my front windows and added a windshield brow at my request. I was in and out in about 30 minutes and got to chat with the guys and drool over the GT3 in the bay that belongs to Charlie or Tom, I cant remember.

Anyway, these guys have my business from now on. I'm very pleased with the quality of work.

Oh yeah, they are going to be at the Eurowerks show with the GT3 as well!

Car
    2007 BMW 328xi Wagon

I also recently had my windows tinted with Bravo Protection. They are fantastic. A very professional atmosphere and the quality is top notch. Clearly they are well respected as while I was there a dealer was getting 50% tint done on a yellow Lambo. I would recommend them 100%.

Car
    06 A3

i am glad that my suggetsion worked out!
    they do a good job and i would not lead anyone to anyone i dont think does a good job. post a pic!!

Car

Where's bravo at?
    I drove by the old tint masters in brooklyn park and they are closed haha.. figures..

Car
    11 Ralliart

Quote Originally Posted by Mtriple View Post
    I did a search and didn't find any recent threads. I called Auto Visions last fall to make an appt to get my front windows done on my DD only to find that they wont do anything darker than 50%. They said that I could go to their shop in Hudson if I wanted darker. Is there anyone in the city that will go darker than 50%? Auto Visions said the state has really cracked down hard on tint shops, I have no idea if this is true or not...

I'm looking to just have my front windows done to match the rear windows which is probably right around 35% Any suggestions?
    Sun control in EP! FTW

You just need to pay them in cash!
    | V1 RADAR RAGE | BLINDER | RAGE WHELS | RAGE PAINTED CALIPERS | EVO PLATE HOLDER | RAGE WING | RAGE TUNED | AMS FMIC |

Car
    Golf R

Sun Control in Eden Prairie. They were awesome. Charged $280+tax as an advertised forum special. I had a slight scuffing issue and they fixed it, no questions asked.

I definitely recommend these guys. Here's a pic with 35% Pinnacle F1 Ceramic Tint. Well worth the $$.

I'd give 'em 2 thumbs up!

Car
    72 911T, '12 Jetta, Tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by veedubmechanic View Post
    Where's bravo at?
    I drove by the old tint masters in brooklyn park and they are closed haha.. figures..
    its out on wayzata blvd. I stopped by there. seemed like a well run place and they were nice folks. Sun control blew me off.

Car
    06 A3

its in the same strip mall as the wayzata bait and tackle shop. just east of the "worlds largest" bmw dealership