Car
    GSW TDI 6spd, 74 Scout II

What brake upgrade are you doing?
    Go Green with Diesel.

Car
    337, Scirocco, GT, Ranger

Is that Tim's old suspension/brakes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Topher View Post
    Now is where I politely tell you to go fuck yourself.

Car
    '03 S10 ZR2,'14 Jetta 5M

Yes, it is Tim's old stuff. 288mm front brakes along with R32 bushings in the control arms. My suspension is in ok shape but it is starting to wear out. I am also on the hunt for coilovers. When I install the front brakes, control arms and coilovers I will also put in new rear wheel bearings as they are starting to howl a bit. I also picked this up:

Got some plans to improve the air flow in this engine. More air will lead to more fuel capabilities in the future

Car
    '03 S10 ZR2,'14 Jetta 5M

I have most of the parts needed to make a 2.5" turbo inlet pipe. Waiting on one 2.5" to 2.25" 90 degree elbow that will connect the TIP to the inlet of the turbo.

Ordered up one 2.25" to 2" straight adapter that will connect the upper intercooler piping to the outlet of the intercooler. Once that arrives I will be able to make the upper intercooler piping with Jon's help since he volunteered to weld for me

And apparently the snow we got last Tuesday contained alot of water. I found my car in this lake after work.

Car
    '03 S10 ZR2,'14 Jetta 5M

I have updates and pictures. I'll post them later and show off more of Jon's welding.

Car
    '03 S10 ZR2,'14 Jetta 5M

So I got some work done on the charge piping. As every one knows, the stock piping for this car is just lame. The pancake pipe is very restrictive, the side mount inter cooler is prone to heat soak, and the upper inter cooler pipe isn't terrible but it could use some improvement. Throw in a larger turbo and we just compound the issues.

To increase air flow coming out of the turbo I added the 1.8T pancake pipe and larger silicone on the turbo outlet.

Then while buying some Recaros from another EW member I picked up a Eurojet Side Mount Intercooler. As you can see it is slightly larger!

Mounting the SMIC wasn't difficult but it was tedious, like most IC installs it required lots of bumper on/off action. To help fit up the stock plastic air duct Jon welded some posts to the IC for me:

Here is what it looked like when installed:

Most of the trimming occurred on the rubber flap that pushes up against the bumper just behind the right bumper grill insert. Moving on to the upper IC piping. A 2.25" to 2" straight was used to exit the IC and connect the piping. Jon welded up this 2" dia. Aluminum pipe for me.

As it connects to the IC-Sorry a little hard to see:

Then headed towards the intake:

I used the stock 90 elbow to connect the pipe to the intake. I did have to trim the elbow where it connects to the intake and make it shorter. By shortening it just slightly it pulled the pipe away from the power steering pump enough to get it to stop rattling .
    Over all this is what it looks like:

Next I'll show how we did the Turbo Inlet Pipe.

Car
    02 4motion Jetta VRT

Looking good paul!

Car

Super jealous, I want to do everything youre doing.
    Go Green with Diesel.

Car
    03 TDIjettaWgn/03 GolfTDI

Ditto. Lookin great Paul! I definitely want to do IC piping on mine. I also just realized that I have no air duct on my IC.

Car
    '03 S10 ZR2,'14 Jetta 5M

Quote Originally Posted by joey944 View Post
    Ditto. Lookin great Paul! I definitely want to do IC piping on mine. I also just realized that I have no air duct on my IC.
    I would imagine the air duct is easy enough to come by. Just need to find someone who did an FMIC and snatch up their old one. Or if you are handy with fiber glass maybe you could make one? Sheet metal?

Also since Jon doesn't have enough to do right now I'll make mention of this: he was thinking about using my car as a templete and making two or three more upper intercooler pipes. If there was enough interest from people who wanted them you could all probably talk him into doing it

Car

When I get my Malone Tune this month Im going to mention you advertised that!

But seriously, I will be doing a VNT 17 and GTI pancake pipe very soon. Hopefully Jon will be able to help out, his work looks amazing.
    Go Green with Diesel.

Car
    B5 Passat TDI, 951

lol thanks Paul! I just used the last of those 4 pieces of mandrel bends. I'll have to get a few more I guess
    Malone Tuning Dealer
    VW/Audi/CRD Gas and TDI tuning including DSG tuning.

Car
    '03 S10 ZR2,'14 Jetta 5M

Quote Originally Posted by sprstu View Post
    When I get my Malone Tune this month Im going to mention you advertised that!

But seriously, I will be doing a VNT 17 and GTI pancake pipe very soon. Hopefully Jon will be able to help out, his work looks amazing.
    What nozzles and clutch are you going to run with that?