Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Car
    F100

Quote Originally Posted by EFnerd View Post
    and steal each other's cars.
    Thats fucked up.

And I must say the MN scene seems more active than the MI one. Thats all I've got. Sorry for whoring.

Car
    07 GTI, its slow

I would think just due to its location the MI car scene is more American focused

Car
    F100

It's more ghettotastic moron focused, actually.

Car
    07 GTI, its slow

Well was worth a try I guess

Car
    F100

but yeah i would have better luck with my truck.

Car
    WRX Sti

Wow, first of all I got really excited about this post I really wanted to add my two cents, but i fell asleep and didn't get on the site when the topic was fresh. Then alot of people gave some really good opinions about it so it was really fun to read.

now here is what I think:

Im a 25 year old guy and I've been in love with cars of one kind or another since I was about 16 and I fell in love with rotary Mazdas. Ive been involved in a few auto clubs since then and hung out on university looking at the cool cars. I used to read all of the super street/grm/sport compact car i could get my hands on. When I was 19 my old truck blew up and I bought a 98 Jetta TDI on gas mileage alone for my daily driver and thats how all of this got started for me.

Now I look out my window and in my garage I have a 84 GTI race car ready to burn gas next week, a self turbo-ed 82 diesel rabbit truck, a 71 super Beetle convertible, a 08 rabbit 2.5 that belongs to my gf and two 98 TDI jettas. (Im including my roomates cars in this too) I first became active on eurowerks maybe a year and a half ago though I still dont post alot.

I have met wonderful people willing to spend time and even money on a stranger or worse yet an internet person. I have seen tools worth a cool $100 borrowed out person to person without qualm. Ive had people come over to help me time engines and drink a beer, be a second guy for a break job, or lend a bit of advice when I was stuck that got a job done saving me alot of money or alot of tears on a project.

Ive met people that have become my friends, whom I even hang out with in a non car context and lets not forget the countless times I've found myself laughing at someones funny comment flaming some guy trying to rattle can his car in an apartment complex garage...

I don't really think that how many cars end up on the cover of what stupid car mag make or break our scene. And I don't think we are a solely internet group. I know once a week or more someone is over at my house for a part or a tool or to help. I know people have helped teach me a lot about how to take care of my own cars and now I can do more then I probably ever would have alone. Bottom line is this scene promotes alot of selflessness and is a very welcoming group of enthusiasts (as long as you dont take the jokes and flaming seriously!)

I'm proud of this group of people and this forum, and personally am excited to post my next build page.

-Logan
    Ich bin ein geburtstag.

Car
    2004 VW R32

Quote Originally Posted by EFnerd View Post
    After being in the Honda scene for 8years...I would say the VW scene here is way more welcoming and organized. Not too mention everyone is super supportive and nice!. . . other scenes all hate on each other and steal each other's cars.
    i agree, i had a 2000 civic si but was never really into the whole car scene because everyone was an asshole, and now that i have vdub i can't WAIT to hang out and meet new people. in my opinion, its like comparing salt to sugar.

Car
    06 MSRT8, 06 JGC

Default .02 bucks worth

I have been driving my Jetta since '05, bought it with 38k on it (for maybe more then it was worth) and now flipped 90k...and enjoyed every single mile in between.

That said.

I didnt know there was a VW scene in MN till about a year or so ago, and really wish I would have. My Jetta is not crazy modded, and its dirty as hell right now, but I know from what I read on the forums and the general atmosphere at the EW show this last summer, I could show up at pretty much any GTG, and after the initial 'who the hell are you?' questions, all would be well. Its the people and their passion thatmakes the scene. I have never heard of Volksport, so I have no basis as to what it was like 'back in the day', but I do know now that it seems the EW is a pretty tight knit, welcoming and extremely friendly place to be. On the GTG I have not actually attended one yet...schedules just always seem to conflict. But, I cant wait till I can and talk with others that have more experience, and teach me some things so I can make my car my own. Money, and I think I speak for 90% people on here, sucks right now, so that is a HUGE factor in being able to do the sweet stuff...but that will come around...and when it does, it might help with the scene more like it was back int he day.

As far as the kids/wife thing. My wife would, I think, enjoy a GTG where others wifes were around. I know she wants to be a part of the things I like, but when its her, and 10 other guys, whether its cars or golf, or fantasy football, she gets bored as hell...and understandably so. But I am down for drive and BBQ...or even something smaller at first.
    "...Camouflage is indeed my favorite color..." - Travis

Car

For anyone who hasn't been to any type of GTG there are usually wifes/gfs/or female club members.

Car

Quote Originally Posted by slobuny View Post
    For anyone who hasn't been to any type of GTG there are usually wifes/gfs/or female club members.
    very true. My wife has been to a few GTG's and enjoyed talking with the other girls. Though she still never wants to go to things unless I absolutely force her.

Car
    GSW TDI 6spd, 74 Scout II

Quote Originally Posted by Wireclimer View Post

I'm proud of this group of people and this forum, and personally am excited to post my next build page.

-Logan

Great post and I think is the reason we are a community. Its based on the people, the cars are and should be secondary.
    Also, that truck out your window, its an 81
    Go Green with Diesel.

Car
    hood scoop

i like how the eurowerks community has adapted. seems like mnaudi is stuck 5 years ago wishing everyone was styling their cars the exact same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmer View Post
    bitch, you trippin'

Car
    Audi A4&S4

Quote Originally Posted by iraqiswhack View Post
    i like how the eurowerks community has adapted. seems like mnaudi is stuck 5 years ago wishing everyone was styling their cars the exact same way.

Exactly
    downfall of the vw scene: its air fresheners on tow hooks, rusted hoods, beat ass fenders from bad colored wheels on air ride, with blow up dolls out sunroofs and everyone with a dslr is a pro photographer all of a sudden snapping pics of their awesome stickers

Car
    P-Car.

Quote Originally Posted by iraqiswhack View Post
    The general acceptance over there is OEM+ with the exception of wheels and go fast parts. It's not that they are stuck 5 years ago. I agree with them about the mods that are being done today. Do they look cool? Yes. Do I want them on my car? No. They should keep their mouths shut some times, I agree with you there.

I think its on the incline. MkIV and B5 a4's are becoming cheaper so more people can afford them. This brings in a younger crowd in large numbers. Along with them comes less tasteful mods.(This kind of relates to the previous statement.) I only see it getting bigger.
    It's me Josh B.

Car
    hood scoop

Heh. I 'member the good old days.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmer View Post
    bitch, you trippin'