Car
    92 GTI Rally Car

Default Rally 'round the Family

Who else here runs stage rally or rallyx? I've done both and have had a blast.
    It's my sense that there are some people interested in getting more serious, but might need some help sorting out a plan.
    I'm always looking to talk to those with or without experience to see what I can learn and what I can teach.
    Interested?

Car
    E39 & E91

Done some rallycross myself. Its great fun and I don't do too terrible in my opinion. I'd love to do stage rally at some point in time, probably something I would have to slowly sneak my way into

Car
    92 GTI Rally Car

Default Work your way in

I started by attending 100 Acre Woods last year as a spectator. Then I worked Nemadji Trail and Ojibwe. Working gets you meeting lots of people and learning how the events work. Asking everybody about a car that might be available helps get you connected to people that might have a car ready to go or close to it. I'm a firm believer you should buy your first car and build your second one. Buying gets you in quick, building keeps a good number of cars available as people move to other classes or get out of competition. I've heard many people say racing is too expensive. They then go on to describe the 4-5 cars they own and all the mods they've done. Racing is not that expensive - you don't need a killer car to start out with and many sanctioning bodies prohibit newbs from starting in a fast class.

I guess the key message here is, make a plan and get involved. You'll be out there - where ever you prefer - befor you know it.

Car
    My 2 feet

I went to the wrc germany in 2004 thats all I got.

Car
    92 GTI Rally Car

Default Kewl

I have not made a WRC event. I'd rather spend the $$$$ on events.

No chance my wife will let me rally the 08 CRV, and my Passat wouldnt hold together for a whole lap on any circut. I'll lend a hand if you are trying to get something organised though. I love Rally!

Car
    95 VW GTI VR6

I rally-x the g/f's daily driver golf w/ 150k on it...placed 2nd over all for the season last year in stock front class.

If you can't RALLY be a volunteer as either a corner worker or pit crew....they the next best thing to being in the car (lots cheaper too!).

Quote Originally Posted by audivwdave View Post
    I went to the wrc germany in 2004 thats all I got.

too bad WRC is a bust... they're not even running the race in Germany this season.

I'm going to the FIA GT race instead. It's a lot closer to me too.

Car
    73 Opel GT, 540i Msport

i'm always up for helping, i ran a few drift events in AZ when i was down there doing ost of the reg work
    I almost said a curse word!

Car
    WRX

I'll be doing the MOWOG autox at DCTC this year, i plan to do all 4 events. This will be my first time doing this. guess i just need to know what i need, and what to do to get the fastest times. I love to drive aggresive, but like i said ive never done this before.. I'm trying to not go out there and look like a complete novice lol..
    -Tim

Car
    92 GTI Rally Car

Default I've Autox'd quite a bit

SO, things to bring to an autox or a rallyx:
    Food
    water
    rain gear
    sun gear
    a few tools
    a piece of chalk for the tires
    numbers for your car - get them from the met-council czar ahead of the event (autox)
    run your tires up to about 45 before you get there so you only have to go down on pressure. (autox)
    camp chair
    Helmet - Snell MA200? or SA200? - check the rules
    Wide blue tape if you don't have numbers
    tire guage
    That's a good start