Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Car
    2010 GTI

Default Welcome to the new Motorsports Forum!!!

Hey everyone, thanks for checking out the new addition to the Eurowerks forums. In here you will find photos, videos and event listings to fulfill all of your motorsports needs!

As the new motorsports coordinator, I plan on posting up to date news relating to motorsports from VW, BMW Audi etc. Also, I am planning on teaming up with other area clubs to get a BIR track day set up for sometime in August. (More details to come.)

With that said many of you probably do not know me or what I have been doing for about 9 years now, or even why I'm in charge of the motorsports events and forum, so let me introduce myself.

I started out auto crossing at local MAC events when I was 16. Right away I got the bug for performance driving and built my old mk2 GTI with a cage, coilovers and 4 pt. harnesses. I had so much fun for the two years that I competed.
    Auto crossing was a great part of why I progressed into door to door club racing and is a great starting point for anyone who wants to learn vehicle dynamics or get into racing!
    By 2001 I was lucky enough to attend Skip Barber Racing school in Elkhart Lake Wis. at Road America. The class consisted of classroom lessons of car control and safety which quickly progressed to in car open wheel racing lessons. We drove formula Dodge race cars with 4 speed gear boxes.

I graduated from my racing school and supplemental advanced racing classes with the second fastest, but most consistent lap times of the year. I was pretty stoked to say the least!
    After I officially was a licensed race car driver, I was in need of a real race car of my own. When S&L imports was still around, Leon had mentioned that his dad was selling his old VW rabbit race car. I thought wow I love vw's and it is affordable. SOLD!!!
    Let me say that this car was a learning experience. I think I fixed it more at the track than I actually raced it. I look back at that time and think of it more as I was paying my dues to the racing gods, not repairing an unreliable race car.

In 2005 I finally became tired of being a better driver than my car was prepped so I decided to throw the rabbit on Ebay and clear some space for my new project.

2006 brought new beginnings. I had built a 1994 sport golf to race in SCCA's ITB. Instantly things started to work my way. By mid season in 2007, I had won my first race and set a new track record at Road America. By Oct 07, I was 2 points behind the championship leader going into the final race at Black Hawk Farms, in Rockton Ill. After going back and forth setting new track records with Chris, who was in first place, I finished 2nd in the Central Division Championship for ITB.

That brings us to 2008. I started off the season with the goal to win the Cen-Div Championship. After 8 in-class wins(including 2 overall "rain condition" wins ahead of all faster cars), I clinched the Cen-Div title and was first place in the national points race. In November 08, SCCA held a race called the American Road Race of Champions at Road Atlanta. Being number 1 in the country, I had to go but I just didnt have the funds to get my car down there. Thanks to the help from Westside VW's Steve Hendricks, my car was shipped down there and I had the race of my life. I finished 2nd place out of over 20 cars and I clinched the 2008 National IT Triple Crown Championship for my class. This was an amazing year and I could have never done it without the support from Westside and my friends and family.

Now into the future! I just recently sold my MK3 race car and picked up a 2006 GTI from Steve at Westside VW. This car is going to race in the Touring 3 class in SCCA. I am in the beginning steps of its build and am looking forward to the season. Helping my 09 program I am fortunate enough to have Eurowerks, APR Motorsport and Westside VW sponsoring me. Over the next few months keep an eye on my build thread here and watch what it takes to make a nationally competitive race car.

Aaron
    Last edited by Aaron; 01-20-2009 at 09:58 AM.

Car
    the toilet

Can't wait to get updates! Should be fun to watch bro!

Car
    My Saab

Very nice!

Car
    E30 M3

Glad to see this all worked out, I'm proud of you dude! I look forward to seeing you post on here more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I got the bug for performance driving and built my old mk2 GTI with a cage, coilovers and 4 pt. harnesses.
    I still wish I would've bought this when you offered it to me, such a cool little car.

Car
    Mk4 Jetta Wagon 1.8T / Mk

I'm anxiously awaiting all of the future updates. I think this is an amazing new feature that you are bringing to our club Aaron. Thank you so much.

Car
    My Saab

Quote Originally Posted by SlimMJS View Post
    I'm anxiously awaiting all of the future updates. I think this is an amazing new feature that you are bringing to our club Aaron. Thank you so much.
    What you don't like the Team Cougar Bait racing updates?

Car
    Touareg. XC70. F430.

Yup, been plenty of motorsports guys here for sometime.

Car
    E39 & E91

Glad to see this section of the forum added! Very cool!

Car

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    What you don't like the Team Cougar Bait racing updates?
    Quote Originally Posted by Topher View Post
    Yup, been plenty of motorsports guys here for sometime.

no, no, no. I understand that there have been active and non-active members involved in motorsports for a while. Aaron is going two giant steps further by charting his progress in detail throughout races and builds as well as being a strong contributor. We have been meeting with Aaron and he has a lot up his sleeve planning events for eurowerks. Likewise, we will do whatever we can to help him out in any way we can! I do hope that y'all that are already involved in motorsports post more about your racing journey in this forum as well!

Car
    My Saab

Quote Originally Posted by SlimMJS View Post
    no, no, no. I understand that there have been active and non-active members involved in motorsports for a while. Aaron is going two giant steps further by charting his progress in detail throughout races and builds as well as being a strong contributor. We have been meeting with Aaron and he has a lot up his sleeve planning events for eurowerks. Likewise, we will do whatever we can to help him out in any way we can! I do hope that y'all that are already involved in motorsports post more about your racing journey in this forum as well!
    right on!

Probably make a thread in here to follow the progress of our new race car this year.

Car
    72 911T, '12 Jetta, Tahoe

matthew why are you typing so big? and Aaron, great thread. Glad to have you part of the club in a more active way I look forward to the future of stuff you'll be involved in.

Car

Quote Originally Posted by Digital K View Post
    matthew why are you typing so big?
    because I'm hearing impaired

Car
    '04 A4 1.8TQ

What?

Car

Quote Originally Posted by L Train View Post
    What?
    BECAUSE HE'S HEARING IMPAIRED.