Bought this 4 door Golf GL from my buddyís wife a few weeks ago. She bought it new in 97 from Westside and it has been sitting in their garage since December with a bad coil. It isnít the Mk4 1.8T GLI that I wanted, but with the downturn of the stock market it was something I could buy out right verses getting a car loan.
So my plan is to turn this fairly clean and completely stock GL Golf with only 100,314 on the ODO into a bit of an OEM plus whore. Iím not sure how long I will keep it or how far I will get on it, but as I find parts, time and money I will make it cooler then it is now.
When I drove it home:
Some of the parts waiting to go on it:
Work done already:
Parts waiting to go on:
- Installed relay 99 to make the wipers programmable
- Got the parts to fix the rear washer nozzle
- Replaced a couple burnt out bulbs
- Installed GTI tails and hella tinted sidemarkers
I also have a complete power window setup, with leather cards and seats, but not sure I want to do that much work.
- Keyless entry
- Short shifter
- Driverís side rub strips
- Painted mirror caps
- Tilt column with leather wrapped OEM steering wheel
Parts I am looking for:
I donít plan to do much to it performance wise as I like its reliability and good gas mileage.
- Clean Jetta headlights and clean OEM fogs
- Clean black Jetta grill
- Euro VR lip (I think)
- OEM lower moldings from a GLX/GTI
- Complete OEM cruise control.
Up next will be fixing the AC, fixing the minor exhaust leak and getting it aligned. Iíll try and take pictures along the way and maybe even do some how to write upís if I get into anything interesting.