As some of you know I have this caddy project that's been on going for about a year and half now. My plan was to have the truck done for summer, but I guess I got sick of working on it and started working on my house. Well now, I'm sick of working on the house and have started working on the caddy again.
I had cut the windshield out one night in a bit of stupidity. Not so much that I didn't plan to replace the windshield, just by doing so I made the truck not weatherproof. So I decided I'll get the interior put together and then get the stupid thing running.
Anyway, when I cut the windshield out I found this:
After some simple green I was left with:
Considering the truck sat outside for the last 7 years of its life with a cracked windshield I have no complaints.
Sanded everything down and filled some spots in then onto primer:
Then onto some blue, I was able to find a pretty close match at Home Depot. Granted it will be under the windshield seal, but I figured close was better then not close in case the seal shrinks or something.
I also ordered a brand window and seal from VW, it truthfully wasn't even that spendy. I'm just sort of a sucker for using OEM body parts when you can get them.