Car
    M3, 325iX

Default M20 dipstick tube

Unless someone has a factory iX tube, I'm looking for an M20 RWD tube (interference fit with the block).

Nick

Car
    325ix 325ix 325ix 325ic

I should have one on a spare block in my garage. Its got some dirt on it though, so not sure if its up to your standards of "top of the range" used parts

Car
    M3, 325iX

If you can get it out without damaging the bottom part, I would love to have it. EDIT: i.e. pay you for it.

Thanks, Erik.

Nick

Car
    M3, 325iX

Quote Originally Posted by ejohnson View Post
    I should have one on a spare block in my garage. Its got some dirt on it though, so not sure if its up to your standards of "top of the range" used parts
    Nice shot. lol Don't be saddened your worn x-fer case that "won't be cheap" or whatever was below my expectations of a "won't be cheap" part

I hear you like to hang onto your stuff anyway so I'm not holding my breath on the tube let me know - I hear they're a bitch to get out of the block. I know the iX tube is nearly impossible to get out without damaging it (I tried and I guess I'm not the only one). Problem is, the part is NLA and it didn't come on my new block which leaves me in a bit of a predicament.

I'm looking into having one machined but I'll need a backup so hoping to find a tube.

Thanks!

Nick

Car
    325ix 325ix 325ix 325ic

What about my axles? they are perfect shape, just need new boots.

The t-case does need a new front output splines, but I figured the most valuable part being the coupling it still is worth a fair amount.

Odd that your dipstick tube is a pain, the ones on all of my iX cars have a small rubber tube that connects the dipstick to the block. I will check my newer block to see if its pressed in or something.

Car
    M3, 325iX

What about my axles? they are perfect shape, just need new boots.

The t-case does need a new front output splines, but I figured the most valuable part being the coupling it still is worth a fair amount.

Odd that your dipstick tube is a pain, the ones on all of my iX cars have a small rubber tube that connects the dipstick to the block. I will check my newer block to see if its pressed in or something.
    Just giving you a hard time man

You are correct on the iX tube (the upper part). There are actually three pieces total - the "top" part, the rubber hose w/ clamps and then the guide tube. I'm looking for the guide tube that goes into the block. Part 32 below:

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...00&hg=11&fg=10

So, I'm told that one work around is to get a RWD M20 tube (which supposedly has the same dimensions as the guide tube at the bottom) and then cut the tube so you can use the rubber fitting and then connect the "top" part together.

Not sure how well I explained that

Nick

Car
    325ix 325ix 325ix 325ic

That should work out just fine I would think.

Really any iX parts that you need are going to be in my garage, I have parted out several of them over the years.

Make a list of everything you need, I will see what I have and give you a fair price on it.
    I would like to start getting out of the car thing, so I think I need to sell off some of the horde.

Car
    M3, 325iX

That should work out just fine I would think.

Really any iX parts that you need are going to be in my garage, I have parted out several of them over the years.

Make a list of everything you need, I will see what I have and give you a fair price on it.
    I would like to start getting out of the car thing, so I think I need to sell off some of the horde.
    Will do man. My list seems to change daily and I've had a weekly order with Blunt since January but I'll e-mail where I'm at. Right now I'm hopefully on the tail end of engine parts for my build but it's some of the other stuff that is iX specific that are "nice to haves" but not must haves. Finding a dip stick solution is proving to be a total PITA. One option I'm considering is actually tapping the hole in the block and making some sort of threaded type guide tube; I need to talk to the machine shop to see if that's a feasible alternative to the OEM interference fit setup.

You're smart for getting out of cars; I swore I'd never turn another wrench when I bought my first "nice" car 12 years ago and here I am wrenching on an old shitbox 325iX lol Beware though, the bug never goes away so yeah... I wish you luck.

I'll be in touch.

Nick

Car
    325ix 325ix 325ix 325ic

Yeah, I have been doing e30s for over 12 years. But now I have a baby and have been doing more with my computer systems. So, cars have become more of a point A to point B sort of thing for me.

I will always have at least one e30 though

Car
    M3, 325iX

Sent you a message on that dipstick tube. Let me know if it's something you want to try and tackle.

Thanks!

Nick

Car
    325ix 325ix 325ix 325ic

I will check it out either tonight or tomorrow to see how much of a pain it will be to pull out of the block.

Car
    M3, 325iX

Cool man. Thanks!

Nick