1992 golf gti 16v. Original Paint/ montana green (some small spots of rust- but you know what you are getting EDIT- that sounds bad. I mean there are a couple rock chips that have surface rust, and a spot on the hatch, and one small bubble on the rear sail panel- but hey, its original), couple dents, nice recaros/interior (dash is heaved a tiny bit, but no cracks), all 16v bit's that are always missing, are there (RM's, recaros, floor mats, etc etc) Very presentable, and a nice driver. I had posted it up for sale a few months ago, but the motor decided it had enough- which is bad for me, good for anyone who didnt pick it up ;-)
I bought this a few months ago from Brent, only to have it blow up (bottom end let go- didnt throw a rod, but did spin the thrust bearing, and assuming it broke a piston skirt, as it was knocking and blowing oil badly, and was very, very tired in general- have not taken it apart to verify. But if the new owner wants it, they are more than welcome to it). So, I freshened everything up, and its ready to go to a new home. Is the same as when i bought it, except:
Here is new/recent:
1) Dissasembled/polished/reassembled BBS RM's- straightened barrels (2 of them were very slightly bent, could not feel it, but when spun on a balancer w/ tires, you could see a wobble)-1 new /used lip (still have slightly nicked one), then all the rest polished-(original centers, NOS center caps). cleaned up OEM stainless bolts. Very nice shape now.
2) New headliner (oem style)
3) Freshened up low mileage bottom end , with hot rod head put back on (was dissasembled/ checked, and resealed- I did verify it was a low mileage 2.0 16v, pulled out of a crashed car long ago), head cleaned up/lapped/inspected/etc. Head was previously ported/polished/ with cams/springs/etc etc. Of course new gaskets, timing belt/rollers/etc, water pump, etc. Engine bay cleaned up.
4) Vintage Votex pull out radio- not wired in , but i may tackle that by next week.
5) Comes with oem Corrado 15" steels as well (no rubber)
Here is a couple pics from when i bought it, I have maybe put 200 mile's on it since then ;-)
Please read this ad, it has alot more info on the history of it, before i had it. Brent had owned it for many years.
Anyway, I paid 3500 for it. I did put a bunch of work/money into it, but am not getting crazy, as thats the car biz ;-). And, while alot of it is fresh, it is still an old 16v, but its a pretty good one, and shouldnt give you any trouble anymore.
EDIT!!!!!!! Didnt get around to a coupel things, and perfect RM's are now gone. Will include dissasembled RM's though. 2750 obo, would like it gone asap. Doe sneed a coupel small things, can go over in detail, but no big ones, is a great "small" project car.
I am super busy, so please dont get offended if i dont get back to you right away. I dont want to deal with vortex, or craigslist. Hopefully someone wants it locally. Send me a PM, or email. i will get back to you asap.