For the last 6+ years I have been making different modified wagons and hot rod pedal cars for my kids. I'm sure you have seen them over the years at eurowerk's shows or the old Volksport shows.
Every year I have so many people ask about them and how to make them, I thought I would make a place where everyone can learn how its done. www.mycooldaddy.com is such a place. I basically learned how to use Wordpress over the holidays and made the site while up north(so go easy on me). To help get some original photo's and maybe a couple of build threads written for the new site, I thought about spending a couple of Friday nights here at the shop making a few.
So I would like to extend an offer to all the dads here. If you want to build a wagon or just see how to build one. Come to the shop, starting in January for H.O.T Friday nights. I will be building and helping build modified Radio Flyer wagons. Over the next week or so I will get those that wish to build a wagon a list a parts you will need to have.
Here is a basic list of parts needed.
- Radio flyer model 18, 1800 or 96 (or equivalent)
- Racing Kart alloy wheels. 5 inch tall is better and used tires are far easier to find
- Racing kart tires(used is better and cheaper)
- Hubs and bearings for Kart wheels
- Idea of what color you may want to paint it.
- Idea of what fabric you may want to use.
- Idea of how high or low you would like it to be.
Let me know if you will be interested in building a wagon, so I can put together a list of all who will be attending. I want to make sure there is plenty of space for all.
Also anyone the really knows wordpress and wants to help me make a sweet header for the new site send me a pm and we can talk.