Car
    Audi A4&S4

Default FS: 1.8T Cat Cams

I have a set (Intake and Exhaust) of Cat Cams purchased from BobQ at QED performance. I decided to go a different route with the head, so these are now for sale. 0 miles on them, but I did install them in my car over the winter. These are his Custom grind between the 53 and 58's. He calls it the purple grind. Search vortex for more info on them. They are by FAR his best cam for the 1.8T. New they cost $620, adjustable cam sprocket was another $179 and shipping was about $35. I have $840 into the setup. Looking to sell for $750. They are a very nice looking and performing cam. http://www.qedpower.com/

I will sell just the cams if interested. The 058 sprocket will not fit VW 1.8T’s

downfall of the vw scene: its air fresheners on tow hooks, rusted hoods, beat ass fenders from bad colored wheels on air ride, with blow up dolls out sunroofs and everyone with a dslr is a pro photographer all of a sudden snapping pics of their awesome stickers

Car
    Audi A4&S4

Remember kids, ANY 1.8T.
    downfall of the vw scene: its air fresheners on tow hooks, rusted hoods, beat ass fenders from bad colored wheels on air ride, with blow up dolls out sunroofs and everyone with a dslr is a pro photographer all of a sudden snapping pics of their awesome stickers

Car
    83 Mustang GT

specs would help since there are none on that website for the "purple" cam...

i dont have a 1.8 but just saying for interested parties

it's hard to sell a custom cam(s) when you dont know what it is....
    1983 Ford Mustang GT fun car

Car
    Audi A4&S4

Last edited by A4Rob; 06-27-2010 at 07:49 PM.

Car
    Audi A4&S4

9006= custom
    9013=3658
    9016=3652

Black=3658
    Red= 3652
    Blue=3651
    Green=3653
    Purple= custom

Car
    83 Mustang GT

still no specs what's the advertised dur.? whats the lift?

this is what i gathered from 6 pages of BS:
    Black=3658
    Red= 3652
    Blue=3651
    Green=3653
    Purple= custom

that says nothing.. "custom ground" is custom to the specs you want or the setup you have(usually suggested by the cam grinder IF the cam grinder knows WTF he is talking about)... in this case its custom ground to the dyno engine that had around 450 crank hp no specs were ever posted...

my guess is these have a power band in the 6,000-8,000rpm range.... and probably not a good idle quality for DD or a automatic trans like most Audi's over here are... cams like that require a stall converter in the 3,000-3,400rpm range... and serious supporting upgrades

sorry not trying to be a dick just saying you should know what you're buying/selling..... they didnt come with any spec card or anything??

cams are a serious upgrade for a regular joe and the research they do on the setup they wanna run will matter if they are considering cams they will wanna know the exact specs to match their setup

miss matching parts will result in unsatisfactory results and then they wonder/bitch why it didnt make as much power as they thought it would...

my VR cams have 262* of duration @.050"(50 thousandths of lift.) .440" of advertised gross lift.
    1983 Ford Mustang GT fun car

Car
    Audi A4&S4

Wow. See above... (My Catcam special) is the same as the setup BobQ sells.

Yes they idled fine in my car. Look at the OP dyno chart. They are basically like stock when under 3K rpm. I had them installed with the full intent of using them with my setup. My cam chain tensioner failed causing valves to bend. The cam money I had was soon sucked up by new valves on 3 intakes. I did the work with a friend to keep cost down, but now I need to sell the cams to pay for all the parts needed.

Quote Originally Posted by 1fast96gti View Post

my guess is these have a power band in the 6,000-8,000rpm range.... and probably not a good idle quality for DD or a automatic trans like most Audi's over here are... cams like that require a stall converter in the 3,000-3,400rpm range... and serious supporting upgrades
    Any 1.8T. VW made them too

No this would not be the ideal upgrade for someone with an automatic DD that is all stock. Sometimes the obvious does not need to be stated.

that says nothing.. "custom ground" is custom to the specs you want or the setup you have(usually suggested by the cam grinder IF the cam grinder knows WTF he is talking about)... in this case its custom ground to the dyno engine that had around 450 crank hp no specs were ever posted...
    Read the web site. 35R full frame setup. Yes, right around 450chp on the setup.

cams are a serious upgrade for a regular joe and the research they do on the setup they wanna run will matter if they are considering cams they will wanna know the exact specs to match their setup
    That is why I am selling them local here on the site to help whoever has questions about if the cams would work for their car. I am not planning on selling them to a guy running a stock or K04 turbo. That wouldn't make too much sense now would it I am always available to help someone with their setup. With my current setup being darn close to 500 HP, I think I have the 1.8 setups pretty figured out.

miss matching parts will result in unsatisfactory results and then they wonder/bitch why it didnt make as much power as they thought it would...
    OK, most people on here are not that fucking stupid.

Oh and thanks for your interest in the parts. You really need to find something to do with your spare time rather than being the internet police. Maybe get your GED or even a job??
    Last edited by A4Rob; 06-28-2010 at 11:17 PM.