Car
    02 GTI 1.8t, 12 Golf Tdi

Default Snap on modis or otc genisys

I am in the independent field now (for the past almost 2 yrs) and now the shop I moved to only has an old mt2500 tool. I am looking to purchase a scanner for myself (and side jobs at home). I have used the modis for the almost 2yrs and it is a great tool. I have not used the genisys (and alike mac and cornwell) tool. Does anyone have experience with this. The snap on guy says dont buy otc and the cornwell guy says dont buy snap on.
    OTC= 1300
    snap on= 3500-4000

Guess you can figure the economical choice. I have vag com on the lap top so yea, vw/audi is basically covered.
    you're looking up used handguns at school? welcomed to the flagged student list
    Your cock blocking like half the people on eurowerks with that statement.

Car
    95 golf, 83 rabbit, etc.

i have used the brick, modis, and genisys and I have found that sometimes you cant talk to cars with the brick or modis and the genysis will and vice versa. although the brick and modis are fantastic i think my favorite scan tool is otc genisys. its pretty, its not very buggy, you can actually update yourself. and if you buy whats called a smart cable you dont need all those fucking personality keys. go here to get a general idea of its capabilities http://genisysotc.com/training.php
    Last edited by a1maniac; 12-08-2008 at 09:57 PM.

Car
    95 golf, 83 rabbit, etc.

and if you want the latest and greatest they have the pegisys it modis^3.. it really just depends on what you need to do. all in ones are great but expensive. its so nice having a scope around!!!
    Last edited by a1maniac; 12-09-2008 at 12:20 PM.

Car
    02 GTI 1.8t, 12 Golf Tdi

yea, i like the pegisys and i saw the new snap on one thats like the pegisys but its 10g's lol. The pegisys is 4800 lol.

I am gettin the "loaner" genisys from the mac guy tomorrow to "test" out. I found a NEW v3.0 red button on ebay for 849 + ebays microsoft rebate for 175.00 off so its $700 then the euro package is $450 so it looks like I'm set on that.